Ferrier Gone

Gone to tranmere all the negative influences seem to have been dealt with at the club onwards and upwards

1 Like

I wish him luck, he will probably need it. I donā€™t want to slag any player. Not here, but somewhere else he will show, how good he can be. There were good moments, not so good too, but from now on, thatā€™s someone elseā€™s problem. Iā€™m not too downhearted heā€™s gone tho.

He was disruptive but at least seemed to want to be here, first when there was interest in Jan and even now with a decent goodbye message.

:rofl:Very good

Ya big lug,I said I wouldnā€™t cry when you left,but thatā€™s started me off :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Hi guys.

I see weā€™ve signed Ferrier off you, your most popular player of all time (jokes).

What can we expect? Apart from the bad attitude I mean. What strengths does he have? Will our gaffer Mellon get something extra from him? Obviously we arenā€™t expecting a goal return Norwood gave us etc.

Cheers.

He needs a decent partner playing alongside him - I donā€™t think thatā€™s Gordon.

Grab your tin hat pal, this could get messy. We will try to be as constructive as possible :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Heā€™s basically got one move. Run quickly and cut inside, there is raw ability but possibly too raw. Not much between the ears either as he learnt nothing new in his time here.

Saying that, at least hes not permanently furious in the tiresome way Cook was. :grin:

3 Likes

He might be okay for the first 5-7 games but it wonā€™t be long before he starts arguing with his own players, especially if heā€™s not a regular in the starting XI. I donā€™t think there are too many Saddlers fans who are sorry heā€™s gone, especially if youā€™ve paid Ā£75k for him. Happy days! Good luck this season, I hope you give a good account of yourselves in League 1.

1 Like

Cheers, also hoping you do well in L2.

Have we really paid 75k for him? I wouldnā€™t of thought that much.

The good thing (for us) is Micky Mellon does seem to get the best out of players. Weve also signed Stefan Payne from Bristol Rovers who by all means had a stinker last season and has been hammered by all their fans after coming to us. Hoping he turns out a goodun but sounds similar in attitude to Ferrier.

Im not expecting Ferrier to be amazing but our gaffer always has a plan and uses players effectively. Hoping he gets Ferrier going.

1 Like

Likes to run the channel from the left side and come in. Tends to lean and look for body contact and be physical using his strength and speed to bully when he can. No good in situations where the defender is stronger, and word seemed to get around League One, and sides kept forcing him out wide or didnā€™t engage with his physically the way he likes.

If Mellon plays to his ego and you are winning games heā€™ll be good for you, just donā€™t expect him to front up or put a real prolonged shift in if you get in a rut or struggle.

Seems to have followed a similar pattern at his last 3 clubs, fast start, decline, disgruntled, fall out, departure.

1 Like

After the first few games last season he looked like heā€™d be off to better things in no time. I spoke to a fellow player at that time, and an ex player who was close to the club, and both said he was an awesome talent.

Then the wheels came off. Fell out with teammates - albeit one was Leahy who was a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Maybe the right manager can get him going, who knows.

1 Like

VulcanXH558, go for it mate. Donā€™t forget we recently spent THREE seasons in non league so ive seen alsorts :wink: haha. Nothing will surprise me after seeing some of the horrors play against us and even for us!

At least your back where you belong, letā€™s hope we join you again soon. If MM gets him playing then he will be a half decent squad player, but nothing more.

We certainly saw nothing more from him once he got sussed out at L1 level.

Hope Iā€™m wrong for your sake :smile:

1 Like

Haha yeah hopefully.

And yep, being back in L1 is great and even though most fans (me included) are nervous about being able to compete, its much better than lining up in the National League against Solihull etc. Those were extremely tough and dark years and I pray we never fall that far again. When TRFC really get going we are definitely a L1 club that can hit 8-9k crowds quite regularly. Even towards the end of last season we were hitting 9-10k in the league, with very few away fans helping hit that gate. I think L1 is a very decent league though now with plenty of money in it, money that we cant compete with.

I see you also lost Dobson(?) to Sunderland. Another big player for you? Losing Cook aswell doesnā€™t help, especially if he bags over 20 for Mansfield this season, which could be likely. You replaced these lads with anybody decent?

Weā€™ve gone and got some experience in midfield. Stuart Sinclair and Danny Guthrie. As yet weā€™ve not really replaced Cook, and weā€™re being told we probably wonā€™t get a 20 goal a season striker, that the load should be better spread.

While Cook got nearly 20 last year, goals from midfield and defenders at set pieces was woeful. Dobson didnā€™t score a goal last season. And based on pre-season Cookie may not even be first choice at the Stags this term.

Dobson, Cook et al were all part of an abject failure of a season when we lost our normal status as L1 mainstays.

We now have a new owner, and a manager In DC who should guide us back to our rightful spot in the pyramidā€¦ L1.

A few proven guys well known to the manager Inc Sinclair, Clarke, Liddle, Guthrie, Jules, along with younger guys with a lot to prove should see us at least in the mix come next May.

Biggest signing for us is our new owner Chairman who replaces the leech who slowly strangled the club.

At least we didnā€™t hit rock bottom before we found our Palios. :smile:

Good luck in L1

1 Like

Vulcan, donā€™t forget Palios took over us just after our relegation from L1, and of course relegation from L2 then followed. Wasnā€™t his fault though and the damage was already done regarding playing budget etc which he didnā€™t have the time to turn round. We recovered in the NL under his leadership, he brought in new ideas of getting extra funds and since then its been back to back promotions. A lot of our fans think we may have gone up too early though, if thatā€™s possible. Obviously you grab a promotion with both hands though!

Goodluck next season, hoping you lot do well. League Two certainly wasnā€™t as tough as I thought it would be. We made the play offs from a solid home form. Not sure on the exact amount of wins but im sure we won a good 12-13 at home from the 23 games. Only lost about 3 too!

Cheers.

Aw he was a lovely lad i will miss him :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like