First of many?

Speak for your sen, Dan.

No meeting with family. No boozers, restaurants, theatres, gyms or golf courses open, no Spain or any travelling, - all the things that mainly make up my social life.

Watching the boys once / twice a week is about the only thing left at the minute so I’m hoping we carry on until the end of the season.

1 Like

I will be amazed for the reasons I stated before if there any “early birds”. I think you will find it will be June at the earliest when tickets become available.

Answering my own own question, I imagine the answer is no, or at least not yet, as the National League clubs have until the end of the month to vote on whether their season should be ended early.

I think it will depend on what Johnson says over the coming weeks. As soon as there is some sort of certainty then the club will be pulling out the stops to get money in.

I agree though, until there is a clear plan for reopening then they will hang fire.

I mean that league, the income support isn’t the best, especially if it‘s going to be in the way of loans. It shouldn’t be, but it looks that way. To protect their future I can only see others doing the same.

1 Like

Yep, I get that Dan.

I reckon he has decided enough is enough and is taking a stand, which others may well follow.

I wouldn’t knock him for it, I just hope that we are able to finish the season without further pain.

1 Like

Same here mate. Like you say, one of the only things to look forward to at the moment and even that’s been ruined by the weather the last few weeks!

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with the points you make. As I’ve said, I am happy to commit to buying a season ticket for the coming season but I appreciate that the club’s relationship with the fan-base has to be more comprehensive than us being seen merely as cash-cows. I remain hopeful that our owner will be more willing than his predecessor to bring us into the fold and, in time, restore trust and faith within the fan-base. I think this approach would reap dividends in time once the often toxic animosity of the recent past can be consigned to history.
As you say, football clubs are not ‘normal’ businesses and customer-fan loyalty is easily taken for granted. These are strange and hard times for us all, individually and collectively, and fans have more than played their part over the last year.

1 Like

I can’t help thinking that Dover’s league position has a little bit to do with their decision, especially if it helps to garner support for a vote to end the season.

We’re tied into renting, so if we left, we’d have to still pay up, or be taken to court.

However, we are shortly due a rent break (2025?), which means we have a chance to exit the agreement and up the club elsewhere.

2 Likes

Hopefully we will exit, but I doubt it very much.

1 Like

I don’t know? the ground is out dated now and would cost a fortune to redevelop so a new venue would probably be more cost effective ?

BT Sport 1 now story of Harrogate from non league to football league side.

It wouldmjust make me feel that we no longer had that millstone round our neck, clichéd but it would feel like we had our Walsall back.

1 Like

Now Southport are refusing to play until the future of the season becomes clearer.
Southport refuse to play until coronavirus tests and more financial support provided - BBC Sport