Fixture Release Day - 23rd June

Good Friday in Rochdale will not be good in any way shape or form!

My wife is fully aware of my undying love… For Walsall F.C that is

Doesn’t January look lovely for our traditional new year slump :roll_eyes:

Away to Hartlepool at the end of February…mmmm…chilly!! :cold_face:

Col U midweek away in Feb. We finally get to experience the most cliched fixture of all time. Can’t wait.

1 Like

I think those early games look testing actually. Newport away are never push-overs. Stevenage have signed a lot of players! Gillingham is bound to be a tough game. If we can make a steady start and be mid table, I think we ought to be happy with that.

It’s because they’ve snook July at the top of the picture it catches folk out that does.

2 Likes

Hartlepool at home first then. Looking forward to that. The Poundland Bezzla will be rammo, they’ll bring a good following down and all these Bonser stay aways will finally be back, happy days :palms_up_together:

When I saw the fixtures it is just underwhelming, I mean I don’t know what I was expecting, it is League 2, I know what teams are in it, Liverpool away isn’t going to pop up in there but the reality of some of those away trips hits you when you see it in front of you.

Our George has been off school this week unwell, really down in the dumps he has been. He was there this morning refreshing his phone every 5 seconds waiting for the fixtures. Then he has been going through them since, telling me what games he was looking forward to, “can we go to this one Dad? What is Stockport like Dad? I’ve been to Newport but can we still go this time Dad?” Made me smile inside and brought the buzz back a little bit. Could be an expensive season, let’s hope there is a bit more for him to cheer about this season.

Up The Saddlers.

21 Likes

I love to KO the season at home. Happy with Hartlepool, better chance of starting with a positive result.

1 Like

Excellent set of fixtures which appear to fit reasonably well with my diary., annual ‘Works Christmas Do’ at home to Crewe. First away trip is a good one and finish the season at home.

3 Likes

Home to begin … Hartlepool, at the end of July

1 Like

At least the mid-week trip to Barrow is in August so hopefully nicer weather to take a day/afternoon off and tootle round the south lakes on the way.

2 Likes

Genuinely didn’t have a clue until I looked at fixture list that league season started in July.

So basically a month now to Solihull which will be the final pre season fixture where everything in team needs to be fine tuned and working to the max…yet who’d be shocked if the CF still hasn’t been signed at that point. :joy:

As others have said league 2 is just uninspiring given a good away fixture like Harrogate gets put midweek.

Jealous of Vale marking off when they have Derby and Sheff Weds away tbh, simply have to get back to that league sooner or later.

2 Likes

Also, for anyone who is still not bothered by or aware of our substandard social output, look at our graphics and how we’ve presented our fixtures on Twitter compared to Port Vale. Theirs looks highly professional and ours looks naff!

They’re presented in a different format, but I wouldn’t say it’s so much better, or that ours are naff. Ours is clear and easy to read, that’s what’s I want from the fixture list. Horses for courses but I can’t say that I’m bothered about it. I’d be much happier if we had their quality of opposition though!

3 Likes

January looks grim if we are struggling.

Could be memorable winning promotion at home on the last game though.

1 Like

Looks like we are playing every team, home and away, again this season.

2 Likes

Regardless of format or layout, it’s little things like the home games being in bold and the day of the week added so you aren’t trying to figure out which are Tuesdays and where Easter is. So I don’t think it’s easy to read. It bothers me a lot just because I know it can be so much better :smile:

3 Likes

It depends what it’s being used for. Nowadays, with apps updating the fixture list, phone calendars etc, do people really keep it and refer to it through the season? Personally, I’ll put the dates in my calendar and then never look at this image again.