Forest Green (A) Feb 8th, 3pm

Darrell answered just critics regarding tinkering and what not quite well there I thought.

Some, though, will still be negative about him.

Until we are a decent league two proposition heā€™s answered nothing.

2 Likes

He knows more about the game and management than you do.

I know your ego thinks that youā€™re some sort of budding Sir Alex Ferguson. For once, take a step back, breathe, and have a look at the bigger picture and listen to his answers.

Never said he didnā€™t :man_shrugging:

cLaRkE OuT :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Called it, just a week late :rofl:

What I found interesting was when he said people think he ā€œtinkersā€ on a purpose but he actually doesnā€™t heā€™s simply looking after the players as he doesnā€™t want them out for long periods but doesnā€™t read social media :rofl: listen he got it right today theres no denying it strangled them in midfield won a penalty brings his impact player on from the bench who then scores what was in the end the winning goal really so credit where itā€™s due heā€™s nailed it today BUTā€¦ he still has so much more to prove going forward heā€™d tell you that himself so good day at the office we move on to Tuesday away at Newport

3 Likes

I agree. Just two CMs in there especially if Holden is also playing as number 10 is too lightweight and it was exposed at Cheltenham.

Sincs back in also gives more grit and leadership.

I do think its unfair to cast shade at a manager because a substiture scored.

Partly because the idea of a substitute is that they are fresher than the other tired legs in defence (so theres no guarentee the sub would have done the same against a fresh defence) amd partly because it was the manager that brought him on!

3 Likes

nailed it. Unbelievable some people canā€™t see that.

Iā€™m not saying that at all. Any time a manger comes away with three points he deserves credit. Doesnā€™t mean the people saying McDonald should have started are wrong

1 Like

Well it kinda does. Because we won.

Ok mate.

Iā€™d say its unknowable. Ive no idea how FGR would have handled him if heā€™d started or what he would have done. Hes had a bad spell recently, maybe the bench put a rocket up him? Nobody can say really.

5 Likes

Maybe. I donā€™t see anyway that you can argue that we are better with Liam Kinsella on the wing than McDonald but to each their own :v:

If you listened to the interview, D.C. said he wanted a narrow midfield to combat them early on in the game.

Cool. Considering the amount of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  heā€™s talked this season Iā€™ll stick with my analysis.

1 Like

Well done the Saddlers , good result .
Still maintain that these games now should be used to give some of our young players some experience with a view to a fresh start next season .

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good win that for once we took our chances, but it was not pretty. Adebayo really should have got a third but we never make it easy. McDonalds goal was a rare bit of class this season. Excellent when he came on. Stuart Sinclair makes us a way better side I thought him and Scarr were vying for MOTM.

How FGR didnā€™t score 4 though I donā€™t know, Their finishing makes our strikers look world class. We were all over the place off corners again too.

Weā€™ve got lucky, but you tend to make your own luck in football. Canā€™t knock Clarke today he got it right.

Even sweeter when weirdly there was loads off Villa in the home end giving it the big un. Very strange folk up there, clearly bang their sisters.

After giving Clarle so much criticism over the past few weeks, and I include myself in that, letā€™s give the guy some praise. He obviously got it right today and he deserves credit for that. Sounds like a good team performance even though we did the usual a made it a nervous last 5 minutes or so.

3 Likes