Former Saddlers Club

Superb picture Dave thanks.
Remember climbing up and sitting on the top of that wall at the back of the Laundry end and none other than cannonball himself skied a shot over the bar, hit me and knocked me off the wall.
No sympathy from anyone, just a bollocking and “serves you right” from everyone around.
Safe to say, i didn`t go up there again.
Mind you, me and a lot of others raced each other on to the railway tracks through the well known gaps in the fence to retrieve the ball when it went over without much thought about a train coming, just a quick glance, and gone to get it.
What price elf and safety eh?

3 Likes

I have a recurring dream about being at Fellows Park. The matches are different but I don’t know who we are playing or what the score is. In one dream, I’m sitting in the stand - something I never did as I always stood behind the goal at the Hillary Street end. Not sure what it all means!

1 Like

This explains it all :smile:

1 Like

The skunk weed is to strong :joy::wink:

2 Likes

Great stuff, Alan. I had the misfortune to get in the way of a Cannonball special whilst at the front of the wall behind the Laundry End… I made sure it never happened again!

Yes, I think I’m going mad! :joy: I really like the track - never really been an Iron Maiden fan but I need to check them out based on this.

I’m probably biased, but they are the finest band ever to grace this planet.

40 years and still awesome.

:wink:

2 Likes

No that’s just his socks …:rofl:

1 Like

Can’t make out where your tat is Belp , looks like a cross between your arse cheek and your mrs boobs …:rofl:

Which is exactly where all good tattoos should be :smile:

It’s actually on my calf :wink:

1 Like

Been to see them twice myself , Killers tour with Di’anno and The Number of the Beast with Bruce , must say one of only a few bands that got away with changing their front men , both brilliant :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Good on ya👍

Still awesome now. Saw them twice last year. As you know I love my metal and some of it is pretty extreme, but Maiden are the best of the best.

Can’t abide this cruelty to animals … :ox:

2 Likes

You should be in bed by now, at your age, rather than editing my sweary posts :smile:

You out in Spain soon?

That’s not Boney M!

1 Like

Niether is this

1 Like

November 15th for a week away from the frosts of Cymru. :slight_smile:

I’ll probably be coming to the UK mid Nov for a couple of weeks. Got a couple of gigs in London. Shame, we could have watched a game together over a beer .