Freddie Draper Signs

He’s 18 mate , and if he’s that good he’d be on the bench for Lincoln lol…

Not exactly Man City are they.

Mainly disappointed they didn’t use a Mad Men GIF.

f771b576287373ac41b60ecdcaa3497e

8 Likes

I think as the ‘5th’ striker in the squad he would be very welcome. If him and Dougie are the back up over a season to DJ and Matt then I don’t think it’s good enough to be honest.

Not exactly got the pulse racing, but useful addition. Last year didn’t own a striker, so small gains I guess.

A loan from mighty Lincoln City. My god how low have we sunk? Totally underwhelming signing, is he even old enough to be out for night games.

I hope he doesn’t drink like that Draper.

2 Likes

Travisty that we have no 18yr old academy strikers of our own to give the same opportunity :frowning:

15 Likes

Better to have a loan striker 4th in the pecking order rather than being your main source of goals. Puts pressure on DJT, too.

6 Likes

Hmm nonplussed. Was hoping it to be somebody who has a bit more pedigree than DJT, unfortunately it’s less.

Still not convinced there’s many goals in this side.

2 Likes

Did you watch any Walsall games last season?

DJ on loan from Mansfield
Bennett on loan from Cambridge…

2 Likes

We have a bit of a problem for me if Matt and DJ are injured/don’t work IF that is the striking department for the season.

2 Likes

Same could have been said for Bennett last year

Depends on how many we’re playing up front…

1 Like

I don’t think he’s here to make up the numbers. I think he’s going to surprise quite a few. Highly rated, big and strong and knows where the goal is.

6 Likes

I don’t think that matters to be fair. If it’s one upfront an injury to DJ leaves us with a 35 year old target man, DJT (debate had elsewhere) and a lad whose only real experience is semi pro.

1 Like

For me getting the attacking options right, Is currently a lot more important than a right back.

And granted he did well then got recalled, dropping us in the Shite.

Sounds like an east end gangster! Looks like a Scrimshaw sort of signing.

I cant understand this signing. Seems on paper no better than DJT, and he came here with Stoke fans holding him in high regard. I worry if Matt starts the season as bad as he was for.the last 3 months and gets injured again. And what if DJ struggles to rekindle.his previous form. Pointless looking to Shay Willock!!

I have got to question this one, just cant see how.it adds depth to the 1st team, and.certainly doesn’t make us stronger. But, what do i know?

3 Likes

He’s no longer at the club.

He’s 18, and it’s fact that he will need to be given time to settle in to the men’s game.

It’s a strange one for sure