Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

He has only celebrated a goal with us once, but it was against us at Coventry :laughing:

1 Like

Would take James Wilson…

1 Like

Yeah never seems to have his best games v Walsall as he also made a bad error in 19/20 just before play stopped. Was good enough for Wycombe when they got out of this league so fits experienced keeper profile so could certainly do worse.

From what I remember he started every game and was popular with fans and seemed to enjoy it. Lincoln just came in with cash offer and they were seen as more mobile at the time so I can understand him going there although he didn’t play much in the end.

Some decent names so far so this is as good as it gets for this thread for next four months I suspect!

2 Likes

No thanks to Bakayoko he was ■■■■■ the first time we need to get past this obsession with former players who were never that good in the first place we’ve just been so awful in recent seasons peoples perspectives have been skewed.

7 Likes

The mood on here when Coventry bought him was one of surprise and relief. Rather stay relieved.

3 Likes

When’s oztumer back?
When’s lalkovic back?
When’s ginelly back?

Strangely they’d all improve the team and all haven’t done much since walsall

3 Likes

To be fair to Ginnelly he is loved north of the border at Hearts as he has been on loan there, their fans desperately want him back.

Unfortunately Joe Edwards won’t be back. Player of the season at Plymouth and new contract offered.
We were silly to release Edwards and Morris.

3 Likes

I agree with Joe Edwards… doing well at Plymouth.

2 Likes

Did we release him? Or had to come to end of contract and there was no prospect of him re-signing?

Bakayoko? 11 goals in 68 games following his 9 in 93 for us?

Nah. Absolutely useless.

6 Likes

Gone from 1 in 10 to 1 in 6 so on an upward curve with his scoring ratio then!

1 Like

Released. Joe Edwards was not offered a new deal.

Clarke only offered deals to Nicky Devlin and Liam Kinsella:

1 Like

Possibly the worst of all of his decisions then.

3 Likes

Yep. I remember thinking at the time, not to even offer a deal to a player of that ilk was very strange. I suspect he already had his eye on Sinclair and … Gary Liddle :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Probably before your time, but there are echoes of when Mackay released Atthey and Andrews in order to bring in his mates,Wood and Newton. Both of those released had more mileage than their replacements.

2 Likes

Cook and Nicky Maynard released by Mansfield.

2 Likes

3 of them were against Grimsby in the Checkatrade weren’t they? Or is that just league appearances?

Mal Benning released and linked with Vale, too.

1 Like