Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

:joy::joy: if he is knocking 20+ in the net for the saddlers he can have my spare room relatively cheap!

1 Like

How about poshpawssaddler?

1 Like

Plenty of poor saddlers who spend far too much time on here!

1 Like

Not Posh at all unfortunately but a Posh Fan moved to the Black Country 14 years ago, not been back to London Road since but season ticket holder at the Bescot with my young lad, trying to teach him what he should be doing on a Saturday afternoon :laughing:

14 Likes

Welcome aboard and great to see you chose Walsall rather one of our bigger neighbours to take him to.

5 Likes

Not sure if I’m been taken for a ride, not for the first time But been told that one of the trailists will be signed before noon today. But not necessary announced by then but will be included in saturdays match day squad.
Not a prediction but just wondered if any one heard the same or more

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise with the squad being down to the bare bones!

On paper a good player but really cannot see him fitting in with the clubs recruitment policy of new signings having the right character. Looking at his history there have been number of issues and lots of short term loan moves. Get the best out of him and we would be getting one of the best strikers in L2 or we could just spunk a load of wages up the wall on another Russell Martin

1 Like

Sorry I don’t see this signing happening at all.
Attitude is is a huge factor in our recruitment, if it’s not spot on you won’t be playing in a Matt Taylor side.
MT doesn’t care how good someone is, he’s not signing anyone who could potentially disrupt the group by having a toxic player in the squad.
We’ve had way too many footballers in the past that needed an attitude adjustment, one’s who didn’t wear the shirt with pride.
I hope those days are over as the club needs to move on from that.

2 Likes

If it is Ajose I think Taylor will know him well from their Swindon days and is likely to know all about his character and how to get the best out of him probably why Rollin jumped at the chance to join us. Big like Dean Smith he had some dubious characters in the changing room but knew how to manage them and get the best from them

1 Like

Hopefully you are right as we could do with some reinforcements on board and if they are going to sign someone it would make sense to do it by 12:00 today so he can be in the squad for tomorrow’s game assuming he has been in training

Yes. I’ve heard the same. 1 will be signing

Ahh, now you’ve thrown your weight behind this rumour I’m confident it will happen.

2 Likes

Where is the signing then ?

If the rumour @Acuman and @Gensanx123 have heard then we won’t know until the team/squad is announced tomorrow.

Amazed if it doesn’t get out from someone in the know.

It’s not just the bogs that leak at The Bezzla

1 Like

Normally I’d say if you signed a player, why keep it quiet? Once the ink’s dry? The only reason I can think of is that they’re hoping to spring Mansfield a surprise tomorrow. But, overall, I’m sceptical, at the moment.

I’m sure I’ve said before how much I dislike the secret squirrel nonsense but how is keeping triallist A or B secret from the fans actually providing a tactical - or any other type of - advantage ?
Let’s face it, within the football world everybody seems to know everyone’s business and both these lads will be well known within the bubble. So I’m betting that only people who don’t know who’s training with the Walsall squad are us - the paying punters…….

4 Likes

Whilst that might be the rationale from other clubs, this is walsall we are taking about, and the first thought would be to try and generate a bit of a buzz and see if they can flog a few more tickets for the game tomorrow when they announce Daniel Sturridge has signed a one year deal

2 Likes

I don’t think Taylor and Ajose crossed paths at Swindon did they?