Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

I am neither pro or anti Scarr. He was ok in this division but I am sure we can do better.

Guthrie was average, Scarr was average, Fitzwater was average, Devlin was average, Leahy was more than average and we got relegated.

Yeah they might have been nice blokes, but being nice doesn’t help by shipping three goals every game and being in the worst team that we’ve possibly ever had :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

He was ok at this level nothing more not arsed hes gone tbh.

1 Like

Well obviously we’re going to get world beaters to replace them…:grinning:

1 Like

Not asking for world beaters, just actual defenders that are good enough to put on the shirt :+1:t2:

1 Like

Football is a funny industry, Scarr technically promoted for being ■■■■!

2 Likes

If we’re looking at a replacement for Scarr, then Will Aimison was released by Plymouth.

Played in nearly every game for Plymouth last season, got plenty of experience and McDonald signed him when he was Blackpool manager.

5 Likes

Nah that team was way better than the team we had this season. Cook walks into that side. So does Devlin. So does Edwards. So does Dobson. So does Guthrie. All massive upgrades on what we currently have and they were ■■■■ (well, apart from Edwards).

3 Likes

Would be a great addition.

Vale sign another Dan jones.

Glad he’s going, the style of football Matt Taylor wants to play wouldn’t have suited him and he’d have still been our weak link. His physical attributes make him look a far better defender than he actually is. He doesn’t use that height and strength enough.

6 Likes

Two Dan Jones is more plausible.

Another good signing can’t fault them. He’s been linked with them for a few weeks now.

You’ll upset his fan base on here with those views. They must love his six pack.

1 Like

Vale fans will be so optimistic until the season starts and then DC will play the “they need time to gel” card.

Good news for Vale is they already gave their next manager in place, Andy Crosby. Only turned around when he joined coaching staff.

3 Likes

It’s all about opinions, I thought Scarr was/is a decent defender.whoever we get to replace him isn’t going to turn down a better wage from a better off club,so with the players we are looking at it will be a gamble whether or not he is a decent player or not.

1 Like

Whatever you thought of Scarr it’s another player that needs to be signed and the silence is deafening,surely we are going to be linked or sign someone sooner rather than later so the new lads can all get use to each other and the new club/coaches they will be working for.

2 Likes

Not much happening on @WFCOfficial twitter today.

In Clarke’s first season we left it really late, I expect much or the same.

1 Like