Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

My refresh button is getting worn out! Can’t wait for the next arrival

2 Likes

I’m sure like most on here, last season really ground me down to the point where even if fans would have been allowed in I wouldn’t have gone. It was all so dreary with no inspiration from the club on or off the pitch

It’s amazing what this new managerial team have been able to do in such a short space of time. I’m genuinely looking forward to going back now and can’t wait for the season to get started. All we’ve asked for as fans is a bit of ambition and the club have certainly shown that. You can sense that the feel good factor that quickly disappeared after a couple of months of Clarke seems to be returning and both fans and the club are pulling in the same direction again

1 Like

My daughter & I contemplating a ST for first time in years, eventhough we live 100 miles away and will miss a fair few games. If the club shop is open I may get a shirt as well.

9 Likes

Ozzy is a million times better than Osadebe for a start. One’s had about 5 good games in his Walsall career in league 2 so a bit of a difference.

Yes it would be issue to get him and Holden in same team but I worry a little Holden might get sold in January, think he’s got one year left on his deal now and rumours of league one interest in him so again a bit stuck if he’s not interested in signing a new deal. At least the calibre of this summer’s signings so far with hopefully more to come wouldn’t mean form falls off a cliff like it did after selling Ade and Jules.

1 Like

Wilkinson will play out wide.

What’s all this Osadebe automatic starter stuff coming from, is Dutton still the manager? :joy:

He’s an impact last 20 minute sub imo who you also play v physical teams like Newport and Bradford so that’s his role rather than being automatic 40 game starter unless I missed something.

Osadebe was appalling for most the season, I’d still replace him given the chance.

He’s a player that still needs to improve considerably if he is to make an impact.

3 Likes

I agree he is a million times better than Osadebe. I don’t rate Osadebe one bit to be honest. The budget isnt as big as people are making out, so far we have basically replaced the wages of Clarke, Sinclair, Guthrie and I bet Mcdonald was on a few quid when signed his contact extension. So we aren’t going to sign Ozzy in my opinion whether it’s realistic or not when we already have 2 players who can play that role

3 Likes

His first touch was poor, improved, but not much. There’s a dilemma trying to assess anyone in that Dutton team. Did playing in a poor team make them look better than they were, or were they dragged down? Osadebe looked our most creative player towards the end, but there wasn’t a lot of competition. On the other hand that brings pressures. A fair few players looked better , more creative when they had Holden.

1 Like

I thought Brett was fantastic for us. Did the job he was asked to do.
Jorge, Darren and Brett to choose from up front and then towards the end of the season we added Super Donny Goodman because we needed a bit more fire power. :laughing:

7 Likes

I would love Ozzy back, but I don’r think he would come down to this level just to sit on the bench.
He and Holden play such similar roles we don’t have the place for two number 10’s. Should Holden get injured again, our Turkish friend would be a more than adequate replacement. I just think we need strengthening in other area (striker, CB and LB) before we spend the budget on “luxuries.”

The 3 big signings this week will be with the sales of season tickets in mind. I might be proved wrong, but further signings could now be delayed a week or two, as players continue to mull over their options. After all, who’d have thought a Div 1 team would come in for Dan Scarr? Still, great start and a really strong spine of the team now in place. The rest will follow as and when.

You say “down to this level”, but spells with Charlton and Bristol Rovers in League 1 and he didn’t do anything there, so maybe a season at this level scoring goals again is the best option for him, he is now 30 aswell, so not a player many top teams will be offering him big deals.

6 Likes

I would need another box of man size tissues :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, if he were made available at an affordable price I would take him.
I agree that he hasn’t done a lot since leaving us, it would be nice if he can recapture the form when he had magic in his boots.

Charlton have let him go on a free so would just be personal terms to be agreed.

Are you ‘Extra Small’ or ‘7XXXX’? If not I wouldn’t bother even going in the shop.
It needs gutting, management and staff too. With new impetus our shop ‘might’ reach non league status!
Unless you are just going for the ‘must have’ yellow string bag that is…

1 Like

I can assure you I was being sarcastic. Our shop and merch is nothing more than shirts in wrong sizes and total Tat!

All the regularly attending fans should buy a fluoro bag to wave around at away matches. Tell the club they’re buying them on condition they are never made again.

Bit harsh. The regular staff at the club, club shop and ticket staff I always find helpful and try to do the job the best they can.

12 Likes

I think it’s a bit harsh too.
I think the club shop is on LP’s “to do” list. He’s been a bit busy with other things like hiring a new management team, approving the recent signings , repairing the training ground and maintaining the club’s solvency throughout the pandemic.
The club shop is important, but other things have taken priority.

3 Likes