Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

What a signing he was!

2 Likes

Derek stathem :wink:

Criminal that he did not get more England caps, Kenny effin Samson, wtf??

Derek gave me is season ticket for one of the seasons he was with us.

1 Like

Returning to rumours, if we’re going for big players with a smattering of skill in the mould of Big Sam’s Bolton (Osadebe, Holden for flair and Labadie and Monthe for power) what are the chances of Jamille Matt being next?

He and Wilkinson could definitely mix it, Midlands roots and played at Newport with Labadie. He might even be able to convince Demetriou to join from Newport. All 3 Newport boys are 31 so bags of experience.

Think Tom Bennett, Tony Barras And Brett Angell type signings! :eyes:

7 Likes

Good point. And I loved those three.
I was some sort of semi mascot once one game. I can’t even remember what it was but I was on the pitch anyway as a young lad and mick Kearns was walking me round, introducing a couple of players during pre match warm up. He asked me who my favourite player was and I said Brett angell. He was dumbfounded, genuinely. We walked over to Brett who was equally as dumbfounded someone idolised him and he was his favourite player. I’ll never forget the shock on brett’s face. Everyone seemed to think he was crud down the bescot. I thought he was ace.

4 Likes

:eyes:
Just seen who Joss Labadie (our new skipper?) is following on Twitter…

Top (most recent addition?) name on his list?

a diminutive midfielder/striker by the name of…

Erhun_A_Oztumer

Very interesting! :grimacing::red_circle::green_circle::white_circle::soccer:

3 Likes

Serious top 3 chances if all those join!

Would be best summer transfer window since I don’t know when. Nice to dream a bit for once as things seem possible now.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be superb if we made Ozzy our 4th signing today :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I dont think we are signing Oztumer in a million years but hypothetically if we did where does he fit in? We have got Holden & Osadebe who both play the 10 role. I know Holden can play out wide but he would be wasted out there.

1 Like

Yeah, totally agree. Cracking player, but think the money will be better invested elsewhere IMO

Also doesn’t seem to be fitting the mould of ‘man mountains’ we have signed over the last week or so :wink:

1 Like

I think you could have Holden and Ozzy easily playing off a target man.

2 Likes

Or interchanging in a 4231.

If we make another quality signing this week, I think I may drive to the Bescot (whilst holding my excitable wee in) and camp outside the club shop waiting for it to open. Wow!

For once it aint “all quiet at the Banks’s” long may this continue.

5 Likes

Perry Labadie
Holden Oztumer Osadebe
Wilkinson

1 Like

I’d need new pants if Oztumer resigned

3 Likes

Keep seeing this Ozzy rumour.

1 Like

He hasn’t even started and he has put his notice in ??

1 Like

:joy: bloody hell. This is what Staffordshire public schools does to you, I’m too excited to spell properly

3 Likes

Do you know what mate I might even have one of their ■■■■■■■ names on my new shirt and I ain’t done that since I was 11 years old that’s how excited I am!

1 Like

Be great but I can’t see it we need the budget more for strikers and wingers if anything