Gillingham (A) 19th January, 3pm

Whatever the result, we have to make sure that isn’t the case on Monday. Much more serious issues which, whatever manager came in, wouldn’t be solved and we’d just be in this same position again next season.

We’ve reached that point as a club, like Oldham were, like Sunderland and villa were in the premier league, where you get stuck in a cycle and your aim ends up just to survive and eventually it catches up with you.

3 Likes

Shock 1-2 away win in a magnificent recreation of the battle of Thermopylae. It’s the Walsall way.

This is what we all hope, but this team seems incapable of pulling off surprises any more, collapsing to defeat has become a way of life.
How many more cheap, spent old farts can we resurrect to shore up this colander defence?

My team for gillingham…

Roberts, Norman, Johnson, guthrie, laird

Devlin, Dobson, kinnsella, leahy

Jarvis playing a free role

Cook up top

3 Likes

This would give us some good options from the bench as well

Gillingham won’t have a clue as to what team / players we’ll be putting out tomorrow, which is a positive but we’ll need to be at least 4 up before they have time to change it up at half time.

2 Likes

They’re not the only ones … team selection probably when leaving the M25? :thinking:

4 Likes

E&S don’t think Eaves will play…carrying an injury apparently although he played in the Cardiff cup tie two weeks ago.

Eaves? when did we sign him? :smile:

Gills 15 goal striker. Obviously more chance of getting a result if he isn’t fit.

1 Like

He’s coming next week. Along with Kemar Roofe, Tyler Roberts, and an African triallist called Chimbli.

3 Likes

If I was Keats, I would start with the new guys on the bench, joist in case they are not match fit.

Cambodian killers? :open_mouth::joy:

You mean the Moulin Rouge - the musical murderers.

1 Like

When’s Bill Gutteridge coming back?

If only …

Does anyone know if Ferrier is fit?

:joy:

Yes, the whole club has gone to (Pol) pot. Let’s hope we don’t Hanoi Gillingham too much tomorrow and they end up murdering us.

1 Like

Tet, tet . No more puns please.

I don’t Angkor Wat you mean .