Gillingham

I see Fail lost 2-1 at home to Newport. If they lose their final match (away at Exeter), Sutton beat Harrogate and Swindon get at least a draw against us, PV will finish outside the playoffs.

2 Likes

If i was a fan of Fleetwood id have been fuming had i got relegated to that fluke goal Bolton scored :rofl: The bloke scored a lob from 50 yards with a tackle

2 Likes

Sounds like a Plan to me ā€¦ Bring on the kids. UTS

1 Like

Was hoping that we could beat Swindle to scupper their hopes of making the playoffs while Vile also missed out. The only way that can happen though is Sutton to win and Trampmere to achieve a 9 goal swing on GD (the gravy guzzling lowlife losing their own make or break game to title chasng Exeter).

I can see Exeter winning by a couple but not Rovers making up the difference away at Orient. So given that our result could be what decides it, do you want us to win and let Vale squeeze in, or Swindon to get at least a draw to put Fail outside the top 7 and edge in themselves?

Even if either or both do get to the playoffs fingers crossed itā€™s not them that make it to Wembley/get promoted.

1 Like

However much we like or dislike teams, they are where they deserve to be at this stage of the season.
Clubs that have played like crap and shipped in a lot of goals find themselves at wrong end of the table facing relegation. In our division, losing their football league status, it canā€™t get much grimmer than that.
Those who earn promotion deserve it imho. If I were a FGR fan, I wouldnā€™t be happy given the title was practically thereā€™s at Christmas.
Losing three out of their last five, thatā€™s what complacency does for you.
Itā€™s a very tight race at the top and bottom of the Premiership. My son is a big Liverpool fan (my second team) so weā€™re hoping they can achieve the quadruple (very tall order, but doable) and Everton go down. They need a season or two in the Championship to sort themselves out.
This time next season I hope weā€™re all talking about our promotion to L1.

Want us to go out on a high and a win and spoil Swindon play off hopes . We had our fun with vale beating them twice this season :joy:

2 Likes

And we want them to stay down so we can beat them twice next season too. :wink::rofl:

If i was the manager of a team that was frequently beaten by our closest rivals, i would set the team up JUST to beat them twice over the season, wouldnā€™t bother me losing the other 44 games :joy:

Probably why i never made it into football management :laughing:

I agree, Harris is a very good manager at this level and has done a very good job since arriving there. I think they will be a force, in fact none of the 4 coming down are absolute basket cases or in financial armageddon so would expect to be pushing for top 7 which shows how tough next season will be. You would also expect Salford to spend again,whoever misses out in the play offs would all expect a promotion push and I think Stockport and possibly Wrexham coming up will be highly competitive.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s us finishing 10th at best thenā€¦

2 Likes

I like an optimist!

Think Rochdale might be the only basket case next season, so itā€™s going to be dicey down at the bottom.

Iā€™d not noticed thatšŸ˜‰

Sarcarstic (as pronounced by the Young Ones) is my middle name after 60+ years of being a Walsall supporter!

Anyone remember watching the kid do his driving test on the road behind the stand back in the 90s? More entertaining than the game lol

1 Like