Ginnelly off to Preston!

Morris played well yesterday.

Zeli has been injured for a few weeks so guess he wasn’t up to the fitness required for this match but yeah he does need to perform second half of the season as he’ll go back to being teams most creative outlet unless the club get in a good loan to replace Ginnelly which dosen’t seem likely.

Pathetic response seeing as he helps your mate Leahy out with defending.

Exactly the club are trying to flog half season tickets for Christmas and they go and sell promising and exciting wingers absolute muppets

They honestly do not care about the fans it’s all about the pension

2 Likes

Plenty of players will move in January.

Plenty of those played yesterday and today.

Clearly for Gino to not be involved in yesterday’s squad suggests his head has been turned and he wasn’t focused in training this week. I don’t think the club have an option in those circumstances tbh.

It’s o.k saying he should’ve been handed 2-3 year deal but reality is guy was playing non league last season (and not always getting a start for Tranmere) so one year deal seemed logical for me.

Some you win some you lose. Everyone I’m sure remembers Baxendale in better form. Was given 3 year deal and then did nothing. A bit part player on 2-3 year deal is no good for the club either.

4 Likes

Understand what you are saying but if you look at the players we have lost on the cheap because of 1 year contracts and players we have given too big a contract too . Sure we are out of pocket on the whole by not giving longer contracts IMO.UTS

This length of contract thingy is a bit hit and miss tbh, every player we give a long contract to seems to sit on their arse for the 2-3 years without giving us much, and the one’s on the 12 month one seem to play out of their skins to get noticed by other higher paying/higher level teams? we can’t win ? the only way we can win is by giving the player a break hope he pulls out all the stops for the year, and gets us into a healthy position to sell him, and if it also gets us into a healthy position in the league then he ho :wink: or being as it is xmas then he ho ho ho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t think he’s that good, lacks the end product, to many times I’ve seen him get into good positions and not convert. You can get away with it in league one but not the Championship. I believe Deano already has a replacement lined up so we’ll have to trust he can find an improvement. Maybe the additional budget from the sale has opened the door for us to a better player?

Think people saying we’re not showing ambition keeping him are mad, we kept Oztumar last season and lost and transfer fee. I wouldn’t want us to do the same with Ginelly… If he’d sign a new deal great but if not cash in.

2 Likes

Like I said will be 50k if that .be shocked if it’s any more. He is only 21 and looks a real prospect to me and will improve.let’s hope we put a 20%sell on clause on him

Add in Etheridge the previous season aswell.

Yep lets make as much money as we can for suffolk life :joy::wink:

The point is, he has six months left on his contract and can leave for a nominal fee in the summer which will be next to nothing. I’d snap up 50k. If we can sneak a sell on then great but don’t think he’ll be going for millions at any point as he’s nothing special.

Some players and agents only want to sign 1 year deals because each new contract renewal or transfer move brings about a fresh signing-on fee.
So for all we know, the club may have offered 2 or 3 years last summer, but him and his advisors may have insisted on a one year contract.

2 Likes

I was surprised he ended as first time player, cause when he signed in June, I was thinking he will be squad player or another option from the bench. Contract length? Now we can say one year was not enough, but when I hear longer contract, I remember one name. James Baxendale. So sometimes short deals are better. Championship looks like few bridges too far for him, but that’s not my issue. Even 25k would be a good deal. i only wonder, if he had some clauses (automatically one year extension for example), cause when he signed, I seen no info. Anyway, I’m not too bothered, he will be sold. I think there are players, who can fill his position.
Holiday Greetings with all good wishes for the New Year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t everybody help out with defending? :thinking: