Grigg

3 million rising to 4 million according to sky sports.have they lost there mind ? silly money for a league one striker and lets be honest that is what he is never cuts it at championship level be back in league one within a year at another club if sunderland go up.

Probably they have Netflix money, so they can spend more. Maybe someone panicked a bit, when saw the table.

1 Like

Where did you see this? I only found 1.25 million, still too much in my opinion. As you say, brilliant league 1 player, struggles a bit at higher levels.

1 Like

Thing is they can afford it and as long as it works and takes them up they can afford to take a loss on him next season if he failed in the championship (again).

1 Like

The panic up here was hilarious. Yesterday alone they had 6 bids for different strikers turned down, and have now spent decent money on a player who’s injured, exactly what they did with Charlie Wyke in the summer. I know he’s black and white, but I was expecting them to come in for Cookie at some stage. In fact I’m amazed Jeff didn’t ring them at half past ten when the Ferrier transfer fell through.

1 Like

Indeed. The benefits of promotion far outweigh the fee paid, even if they let him go on a free later.

Didn’t we have any sell on clauses ?

Not for his 15th move :smiley:

2 Likes

Knowing spongebob bonzo i thought he would have :wink:

2 Likes

Always wondered what the stance is on sell on clause, if a sell on is agreed a subsequent move do we get a percentage of the sell on received?

For a decent div 3 / below average Championship player, he must have made some good money from signing on fees / promotion bonuses etc over the years.

1 Like

I think he just doesn’t want to disclose :rofl:

1 Like