Guess the Attendance?

For Tuesday - 587

BHA kids? 1012

…1212

0 if this BBC weather forecast is right!

Yes. Gloucester is 15 miles away from Nailsworth and is very much a rugby city. They get 15,000 at Kingsholm. I grew up there and the only people I knew going to football matches went to Gloucester City (low hundreds), the Bristol clubs or Hereford. Everyone else went to Kingsholm.

Gloucester City have just returned to the city after 13 years enforced playing away, including a couple of seasons at Forest Green. It was an unpopular groundshare because of the distance and time to get there. They lost a lot of casual supporters to Cheltenham but very few to Forest Green.

Stroud is smaller than Lichfield and is also predominantly rugby. It’s also a rural community with no history of supporting a successful local football team. Forest Green did change their name to Stroud FC in the early 90s to try to encourage wider support but it failed (attendances went down) and they changed back after 2 seasons.

When I still lived in Gloucester I went to most of the local non-league sides, so I went to Forest Green’s old ground a few times. The attendances were mostly around 100, occasionally down as low as 70. To be where they are now is a massive achievement. Personally, as a casual Gloucester City supporter I would rather see City where Forest Green are, but I have absolutely no problem with Forest Green doing well.

5 Likes

Do you know what I can’t argue with your comments so fair play.

2 Likes

1154 tommorow

Thank you.

Looks like nobody is going to this looking at ticket thing online about 300 sold probably be about 650 there

797 tonight

The forecast is nothing like that now. Much less wet.

Apart from in the bogs

3 Likes

941……

1236…

Looking at the weather and how cold it is I reckon there will be under 21 there tonight

Ill get me coat :tongue: :tongue:

About 1000 according to Ifollow commentary

1 Like

867 for me.

You might want your scarf as well

1229 the official attendance

@chunkster is the winner!

2 Likes