Guess the Attendance?

Talking attendances, Burton at home to Morecambe this evening - attendance is 2477 :flushed:

That is absolutely terrible that is

I agree. It strikes me that the small non league clubs who have come into the league over the last 20 years seem to have shrunk again post covid. Can’t put my finger on why that might be but there are some shockers around.

If Salford don’t pick up I reckon they might have a sub 1,000 crowd at some point. Think they had 2,400 yesterday with nearly half from Hartlepool.

1 Like

Salford are allegedly in talks with the rugby club to swap stadiums. The rugby ground holds 12,000! I guess it would help them accommodate more away fans…

I just don’t see any potential there at all. In my experience Greater Manchester has a very different mentality to the West Midlands. Those from satellite towns don’t get at all aggy if you call them a “Manc” in fact they quite like it. Not that Salford is a satellite town as such - you can be shopping in Manchester City centre and stray into Salford without knowing.

So I don’t sense any degree of separatist Salford football pride that could rally as many as 5,000 people on a regular basis. They have a great history but that is as a roughly level eight club with 300 rocking up. The thirty odd who used to travel to Marine (their away followings haven’t really changed have they?) were typical of non league away fans. Enjoying a pint, a mingle with the home fans and roaming around the ground unhindered by segregation. They used to not play in Man Utd colours then too. I do wonder what those thirty make of all of this class of ‘92 stuff and what on earth they’d make of a 12,000 capacity stadium. Be like us suggesting a move to a 30,000 stadium - you’d just wonder why. Why oh why. Much like the whole Salford project itself.

2 Likes

What I’ve never understood about the whole Salford takeover thing is why on earth out of all the club’s in greater Manchester the class of 92 people who brought Salford decided Salford would be a better prospect than Oldham, Rochdale,Bury, Stockport etc poor old Bury fc don’t even exist anymore no more Gigg lane but then you got Salford city fc struggling to get 1,000 home fans playing in some matchbox ground

3 Likes

Me too. The place is saturated. Like the West Midlands, a thriving non league scene too. A scene that Salford used to be an integral part of.

Barrow at home
Tough one to predict this one given our upturn in form and the opposition we face . 4340 . (225 away fans)

4783 i think the upturn bug will start to hit

4,386 (270)

4143 home, 199 and a guide dog away.

4,620 with 150 Barrow Boys.

4750 …

4679……

4545…

4441… I wanted to say 4444, but it wouldn’t let me.

4242 lump on

2 Likes

212 away fans .

9782x

I shall say 4,444 then.