Harrogate away

Was under the impression it was 3 consecutive, but I’m probably wrong.

Until the 31st April? These rules get more and more crazy. Just make it the 30th of February and be done with it!!

2 Likes

Or maybe the 12th of never :smile:

2 Likes

It is three seasons in total. Ppsh got an exemption due to COVID-19 and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same got extended to Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton.

Must be galling for older Kiddy fans as they had to been ready by March (i think) of the season they won the league, but couldn’t do so before Mid-June . It meant they stayed down for a few more seasons before their elevation.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/london-road-end-terrace-will-remain-in-use-at-peterborough-united-this-season-after-dcms-grant-permission-3254511

1 Like

Barrow and Harrogate were new grounds and in areas worth making a werkend of it. So what’s the appeal to get 565 tickets sold so far for Salford? We’ve been here before and it’s pretty much a dead rubber of a game?

I’d be going anyway (and happen to be in Manchester all week for work so it’s convenient) but what is the attraction for everyone else? Will we get that many going to Colchester and Crawley?

Day / Weekend in Manchester drinking, presumably.

Cloudwater and Track brewery tap rooms for a start, and the Marble Arch pub.

I’m staying at a hotel in the Northern Quarter less than 5 minute walk from the Marble Arch. Been in many a time. As well as good beer, it’s yet another pub of character that Manchester seems particularly blessed with.

Their offshoot, 57 Thomas Street, is now a Fierce Bar - thinking of popping in later to try it.

Have you tried the Star? https://www.staronthecliff.co.uk/

I keep meaning to go so Saturday is the ideal opportunity as it’s on my way to the Peninsula Stadium. Claims to be the closest pub to the ground.

Are you getting a taxi to the Salford ground?

It’s well within @RobHarv3y’s walking range but not so sure about mine, so possibly. :laughing:

1 Like

Nope I haven’t, been to their bar in Aberdeen but didn’t know they’re set up in Manc.

Haven’t Vocation got a place in Manc as well?

Thanks. Seems Salford ground not that close to public transport

I believe they run the bar in Society, a food court type thing down by Manchester Central. Bit of a step from the Marble Arch - the Mackie Mayor is similar (and a lot closer) with Blackjack providing the bar.

Or there’s Escape To Freight Island next to Piccadilly station which has several breweries supplying the bars (including Camden Town and Pomona Island).

Don’t think any buses go right outside the ground, but there are several that go along the main Bury New Road and then it’s a 10 min walk - which is still closer than using their official park & ride place (the coach only drops off at the home end and it’s a long walk all the way round as no access alleys along the sides just houses and gardens).

1 Like

BTW Why are we discussing this on the Harrogate match thread? Come on @RobHarv3y, pull your finger out and get the Salford one going! :laughing:

1 Like

He is still counting his 50 pound coins and un cancelling his bank cards :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

It’ll be up tomorrow evening :beers:

2 Likes

We don’t want to know about ur sex life, just get the footy thread up :grin: :wink:

That’s usually a Sunday. Sometimes

1 Like