Heads Up

Random fact of the day, I once did a Uni dissertation on “the environmental and economic impact of the M6 toll.”

And from your post…you clearly researched it more than I did! :rofl: Too much snakebite in the SU bar for me.

1 Like

Can anyone say for definite what is happening with J10 tomorrow/this weekend? Is it definitely shut?

2 Likes

I’ve just got off at J11 going south and tried to go along Warstones Road and into Blocko past the training ground. The queue was backing up past Holly Bush Garden Centre, and it’s probably back to J11 by now- and the motorway hasn’t even closed yet!
I nipped through the Holly Bush car park and through Cheslyn Hay onto A34.
It’s gonna be chaos tomorrow- please set out early!

I had the same problem last Friday, around this time, coming off southbound at 11.

We’re on our way up the M6 now just passing Coventry.

We’re getting off at J7 as signs are saying 30min delay between J8-J10.

Signs now saying 45min delay between J8-J10.

M54 south signs saying half hour delay m6 11 to 10 got off at cannock junction and came through Easington to blocko no problems but road to cannock was chocka.

1 Like

I’m taking the A34 down from NuL I think. Not even going to risk getting on the M6 today.

1 Like

Albion are also at home so that’s only going to add to the traffic trying to get through that section, and on the M5 too (poor old Brizzle fans!)

The Albion were at home yesterday :smiley:

Think Albion played last night?

Are the Albion fans still stuck on the motorway?
It must be more chaotic than I thought.

1 Like

Many a truth spoken in jest. According to BBC teletext (yes, I know I’m the only one who still reads it😴) Albion fans have been suffering extreme congestion getting to home games this season. Some giving up and going home, others saying it’s taking two hours longer.

Regarding Junction 10, Google maps have shown a number of collisions in traffic. That can’t help. Take care if tempted onto any of those roads.

:man_facepalming:

Just skimmed an article that mentioned the games affected this weekend, didn’t check the days just assumed they were all today.

I’ve come down from NUL this morning, wasn’t too bad. Got off at J11 and went through Bloxwich.

1 Like

Didn’t realise until I came past just, J9 north slip road is also shut.

Thought there wasn’t any petrol about?

Signs up today on the way to Exeter - same again at J10 all next weekend too (i.e. Salford game). :roll_eyes: