Here we go again!

Let’s get one thing straight, LP could not have received any more support from the Walsall fanbase. It’s incredible the amount of good faith he has received.

However, even the most ardent fan has a limit. It’s looking like LP is well meaning but totally out of his depth or worse, alongside the Bonser Babes has continued to milk the faith of the Walsall public with baseless false promises and vague goals with absolutely no tangible plan on how to achieve them.

After his latest back off message I know which way I am leaning. This board cannot be saved unless there is some sort of cull.

6 Likes

Don’t care what anyone says, 3-4 wins on the trot and we’re world beaters again and everyone’s happy. I know what you’re going to say…”well I’ve been moaning and complaining all season and I’m not going to stop”.:frowning: All I can say is well done…:grinning:

Reading that, isn’t Flynn stating that players are demanding too much rather than us not having a budget?

He’s probably put an interest in a couple of players and their agents are demanding stupid money, that’s football unfortunately, especially in the world we’re living in at the moment.

I fully believe he’ll get the players he wants this summer, after getting rid of Fullarton, Pomlett won’t want to lose Flynn aswell.

2 Likes

I am not sure why people are getting so excited about Flynn’s remarks. He is hardly going to say that players are asking too little so I see his comment as a general one about the situation. It does mean though that, to get a player early, you have to be sure you want them as you are probably going to have to pay over the odds.

It’s true Walsall are at a low ebb and have been for several years but I would not use the fact that we live within our means as s stick with which to beat the Board. Football is a business like no other, with supporters who follow a team for reasons beyond the market place. But it is a business and without income that has little to do with football, we would not survive.

Pomlett may or not be running the club well. But the only time we were taken over by a sugar-daddy, it did not go well and the club almost went out of existence.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure that Pomlett and co won’t do that also, just in a slower and more painful manner.

They need that money for our new striker :smile:

I honestly can’t the remember the last home game I went too now, I’ve finally been defeated by the way the club is run. Clarke basically said we had no scouting system so I imagine now that Fullarton has gone we are back to square one. So is it all down to Flynn now to somehow assemble a promotion winning side out of nowhere with what I imagine is a thread bare budget and a dreadful current squad. We just have nothing about us which may put the odds in our favour, just hope and pray and cry about other teams spending money.

Adapt or die and it appears we have chosen to do the latter.

Was good til it went tits up :smile:

They didn’t use it very well this season.

2 Likes

Clearly you don’t read it either.

Of course you don’t.

Yes, it’s a real shame everyone isn’t as diligent as you.

It really, really is.

It was but, even with the promotion, we sold our best player, which was always going to end in tears.

The perils of poor financial management can be seen clearly in the NW, Bury and now Oldham, who are the first PL team to drop out of the EFL (though not the first team from the top division before the PL, of course).

You’re forgetting the free turkeys

But not the stuffing…