How do you sort the defence?

… What the ■■■■ are you onabout?

Abandon and completely rule out 442 just to fit in Ronan was you’re arguement.

As irrational suggestion, as your reaction was a moment ago.

I definately agree on this. Would play to Devlin/Leahy’s strengths more but still give (theoretically) more solidity at the back. If we went this way i’d go with Guthrie, Fitzwater and Johnson as a back 3. May swap Scarr for Guthrie as he may fair better in a back 3? All a lot of ‘if’s’.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Christ about 5 months ago. Has that been eating away at you all this time? Ronan never looked great but we never played a system that fit him in.

It’s done now, can we stay on topic by any chance?

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Read the arguments. Particularly the reply to Exile. It’s got nothing to do with defending Keates.

Yep, Devlin and Leahy were originally signed as wing back and clearly not defensively sound enough to play as full backs, but then neither are the players Keates has brought in. 3 at the back gives the extra protection for their defensive frailties.

I don’t think it really matter which three to be honest at centre half. I’m tempted to say draw them out of a hat at this point they’ve all struggled!

Yeah I get you. We’ve been crying out for Kory Roberts all season really. What a difference he would have made.

2 Likes

He’d absolutely stroll into this defence no question, I really hope his injury hasn’t destroyed his development.

I’d agree on this too. You need your 2 outside CB’s to be comfortable on the ball or in wider areas so I would play Fitzwater between the other 2.

I’m not sure on Leahy as a WB. Yeah he has a good assist record but I’m not sure he’s dynamic enough to take a opposing player on if he needed to. Devlin is a little better at that side of the game. Perhaps Edwards for LWB?

You were wrong then?

Just questioning your distain for another Poster, when you were adamant that a formation should be burnt forever - just to fit in some kid from Wolves.

Your nombre my friend is knowing a bit fat ZERO about football, making such stupid and widespread suggestions

Let’s keep it civil, shall we??? :hot_face:

1 Like

Burnt forever? :joy: No I just suggested an alternative. One that wasn’t really tried so it’s kind of hard for me to be wrong.

I’ll grant you he never looked the part though.

Or at least on topic if civil can’t be managed, aye?

Civil and on topic.

1 Like

Today I’ve been told to Go ■■■■ myself, that I’m clueless, dense, a troll and the kind of person that would start a fight at my own Nans funeral.

The worst I’ve retorted is calling somebody Pinnacle.

That’s pretty harsh to be fair.

Let’s just be nicer to one another, we’re all passionate about the same thing.

10 Likes

Think the club signed him and Norman just in case the worst happened. Took a punt on him quickly getitng up to speed in league one but if not he’s played 20 odd games in league 2 so will be ready for that.

Yet another thread descends into chaos on here are we not all Walsall fans? lets accept different opinions without the nonsence guys.

9 Likes

3-5-2 is an option but it leaves us exposed in wide areas. I liked Coventry’s 4-3-3 formation last Saturday - I would try this. My team would be:

Roberts- Devlin, Johnson, Scarr, Leahy - Edwards, Kinsella, Dobson - Blackett-Taylor, Cook, Ferrier.

Based on last Saturday’s performance, Ismail, Laird, Fitzwater, Oteh and Jarvis don’t deserve to start.