Idea for next season to make UTS/following Walsall better

Don’t know if it’s worth sharing this idea, I’ll probably get flak but what the heck.

One thing that slightly frustrates me when watching Walsall in league 2 is that I often know little about the opposition each game, and have to rely on brief match highlights or just the other teams latest results to get some idea about how they play and what their strengths and weaknesses are. It’s often inadequate. League 2 doesn’t get that much exposure in the media.

Ideally I’d like to be more up to speed with the opposition, but it’s just not possible to be that knowledgeable about 23 other teams (plus Walsall themselves).

However, what if 23 of us chose one other different league 2 team (other than Walsall) and made an effort to keep up to date with that other team?

Perhaps

• go to the other teams website/fans forum and keep up to date with latest news and gossip
  • watch that teams games on sky sports
  • watch that team in person if geographically convenient.
  • read match reports etc

The match threads and league 2 threads etc could then have more informed comments.

Just an idea how we can work together to make following Walsall a better experience.
Even if we had say 10 teams followed I think it would be good. Obviously would have to coordinate and agree who was allocated to each team.

1 Like

Much easier to get @CompletelySaddled to switch on his gizmo and do a brief summary prior to the fixture identifying strengths and weaknesses of the opposition followed by how we should set up to get a victory.

Simples.

1 Like

Don’t think following a different team would work, following Walsall is enough :sweat_smile:

Posts like “Colchester have just signed Jack Payne” in a Walsall transfer rumour thread or “Bromley gone 1-0 up at Gillingham” in a Walsall match thread against Cheltenham can get pushed aside with all the essays and debates on here.

Think there should just be a megathread based on all other League 2 teams where the discussion is on teams when they make signings/games are on, especially with the greater coverage on Sky.

1 Like

Or 1 thread per team? That way we can look at each team individually

1 Like

Good idea, then we can argue about all 24 teams and not just limit the moaning to our beloved Saddlers :wink:

In all seriousness though I think it would give us a bit of perspective i.e. you would almost certainly see the same debates/issues arising on all of our competitors forums. Its not just Walsall !

1 Like

I am sure there are worse than Walsall.

The Swindon forum was fun last season

3 Likes

Like the mega thread idea of all other teams in the division :+1:

1 Like

Pre season scouting mission seeing what Chesterfield are like.

1 Like

I think there is room for a general league two discussion to be honest. We would all be reading it, i like to keep up to date anyway.

Perhaps be nice to not descend into insults if we can keep port vale out of it…

2 Likes

Further to the OP, I have decided I will make a committed effort to follow how Port Vale fare over the season.

Will keep you updated.

Sorry to hear that :grinning:

1 Like

@Andy_Petterson at home…

This season I will mostly be following Port Vale.

3 Likes

An interesting way to ease some of the pre season tensions on the forum would be to create separate subsections.

We could have:

The happy clapper tea room where people can clap and cheer everything the club says and does whilst complimenting each others posts and singing kumbaya.

The venting vault where posters can rant and rave to get all their frustrations off their chests whilst throwing about conspiracy theories and unsubstantiated claims.

The sensory room where the elderly and mentally mature can suck sweets and contemplate each others thought provoking posts. We can also put the puns in here where the residents can marvel at their wittiness.

The telephone booth for the one poster who can spend their days arguing with himself by disecting each of his own sentences whilst claiming to be the ultimate knowledge of modern football.

The padded cell for the resident loony tune who should be restrained and only be granted an hourly pass weekly to venture into the venting vault to let off steam.

I would probably reside in the venting vault to keep away from the tea room clapping and definitely keep out of the thigh slapping chuckling of the sensory room.

Harmony created. Simples. :wink:

Edit: i have forgotten a room for Crod. Jeez, i have absolutely no idea where to begin for that one :grin:

8 Likes

Bliss.

2 Likes

KingCrod is omnipresent so will have his own representation in each room anyway, so no need for a specific room ams99, plus, he cannot be contained within a single room…

1 Like

He’s UTS’s version of Dancing Kev. :grin:

Surely Crod can have “The State Room”?

Long winded tit for tat arguments (example today) “encouraged” to go to pm’s. Especially when no one else is contributing to the argument.
Just tedious bickering

1 Like

Or a word limit of 50 words per post.:grin: I’d like that.
Keep it succinct

1 Like

Of course, restricting posters to just fifty words per post will, inevitably, prevent some of us from being able to make our points saliently and coherently and those who take their time to get to the point will be just about to reveal the most interesting and astonishing information about

10 Likes