If not Mickey then who....?

The experienced ones that know the league and had some form of success in recent years at this level are
Karl Robinson or Graham Alexander but frankly can’t see either wanting the job as it’s become a bit of a poisoned chalice lately.

I may be misremembering it but my memory of graham alexander teams were quite negative styles of play and I think we’d desperately want some entertainment after this dire run.

likelihood is it will probably be a relative unknown or assistant to someone else who comes in.

Haven’t Port Vale just sacked their manager?

When we’ve changed managers as often as we have with no improvement it’s time to look elsewhere. Who are the constants in the failure of the club? It’s not all those different managers…

@KingCrod with Everton Andy as his assistant. Debriefs live on YouTube.
The Bescot will become the most difficult place (in Lge 2) to go. Audiences will soar.
This may not be a cheap option though.

8 Likes

Yeah, because they won’t sort out those bloody traffic lights.

3 Likes

And the travelling gate will get a fresh lick of paint and new hinges.

3 Likes

But will we see a belt and braces approach to transfer dealings?

None of the above

We need to stump up for someone like
Paul Warne
John Mousinho
Matt Bloomfield
Dean Holden etc etc and stop pissing about offering 8 so called top managers a few hundred grand a year
I wonder what it has cost us in contracts for the last 8 managers? i bet it’s nowhere near what it would cost to have a successful ONE over 8 years

1 Like

Dean Holden is a good shout if he could be persuaded

1 Like

Really going to laugh at the suggestions up and coming over the next few weeks

1 Like

Our managers won’t be on anything like a couple of hundred grand a year I wouldn’t think. I could be wrong, I remember hearing what Hutchings and O’Connor were earning when they were here. I was earning almost as much working as a forklift driver.

Probably improved since then but not that much.

1 Like

You would get better odds on a pork pie sprouting wings and flying over Palfrey park

1 Like

:joy:

I also hadn’t realized he was Charlton manager.

1 Like

Doing a grand job also mate

1 Like

I’m pretty confident Dean Smith was on about 150K but that was close to the end of his tenure so probably had bonuses and pay improvements, I’ve not heard of any other manager getting that high though and certainly can’t imagine anyone’s been close to that since.

1 Like

Sports the only job when the staff are paid more than managers

Is he a mate of King Crod?

1 Like

Mickey Mouse.

Some of those names :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like