Ifollow to be replaced by sky streaming

Let hope this will mark an improvement in the quality of service both in coverage and reliabilty/bandwidth of service.

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services. "

So ifollow remains for those who travel abroard every Saturday.

:rofl:

Let’s hope it funds a few more cameras around the ground like those remote ones put up for the Leicester game.

From the piece announcing the TV deal…

The EFL and Sky Sports will continue to work together to innovate, seeking opportunities to improve coverage and take viewers closer to the action, while the EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience. Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels. For matches available to stream, Sky commentary will be provided and a minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two.

No. Just no. Giving Sky free reign to :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: about with kick off times, schedules and traditions seriously worries me. Fans who attend relegated to a sideshow with preference given to those who don’t actually go and watch from their armchairs. Obviously it’s all about money but it makes me sick.

7 Likes

The essence of WFC for me is people like Leachy, Tommo, Kev Small and rest of their bus, Locko and his lot, ISSA, Blazing, PT and too many others to mention, including numerous off UTS. All Sky will do is make their lives more difficult with last minute changes to KO times etc. One of the advantages of supporting a crap team is that you can generally guarantee we will play at 3 o’clock on a Saturday and the most important focus is on the fans who actually go.

1 Like

Well have to agree with that. Whenever sky get involved in football it is usually cause for concern.