Im new to this so go easy on me , oh by the way im the son of bernie the bolt ..!

Take a look at the picture here.

3 Likes

Bernie seems to be the centre of attention in this picture. Used to love watching him play. “Six foot two, eyes of blue, Bernie Wright is after you.”

2 Likes

Love that picture the Buck looks like he’s wearing a clowns nose … :joy:

1 Like

That’s a good point I think. It helps cement the bond between fan and team.
In the 90s we still had players like Charlie, Chris Marsh, Wacker and then Wracky and Ropes who played for years. You got to know them as you say, understand the way they played, forgive them a mistake or two because they had so much credit in the bank.
Same throughout the game I think, back in the day, Parkin, Hibbitt, Richards, McAlle, Wile, Robertson, Brown, Cantello, are a few I remember playing for years for the other local teams.

fair play ,i used to think he was the man and watched him non-league , but i was a center forward as well , so gotta give bucks record my shout , goal scorers like that dont come along that often worth there weight in gold has to be said …

1 Like

Alan Birch doesn’t get a lot of notoriety, but what a player he was. Our midfield today would be a lot more aggressive if he in it.
A tireless worker, fought for every ball and chipped in a few too. Fond memories.

1 Like

Very popular with Chesterfield fans who remember his spells there fondly. Played more as a striker there I think, better than 1 in 3 scoring record in his first spell.

Can you just put photos of your dad on please cause you’re frightening the kids …

7 Likes

Come on now … stop trying to make a name for yourself with bernies help. :rofl::wink:

2 Likes

behave ive got kylie on lol

im still dining out on it lad lol x

1 Like

Question : As i have trolled the net for a few days - lets put this over to the boys
did Bernie wright return to walsall as an away player and play against the mighty walsall , more than once - do you have any memories , was he boo`ed and jeered , did he score who did he play for , did he play well ?

As far as I know, the only game he may have played at FP for the opposition was for Bradford City on 10 Dec 1977. Can’t remember if I even went to that game, but I was at the away game at the end of the season (we won 3-2 and sent them down) and he definitely played in that one. No booing - best not to annoy him.

2 Likes

Why don’t you just ask your dad?

10 Likes

depends what mood , he dont talk about it much , sometime he does , walsall mainly , wont discuss everton at all - he wont remember things like that

Anyway i thought its good to chat to you lot about it , you lot have the better memories of all the best games n things it creates conversations

he dont chat much about it , and he wont remember things like that

Bernie made his debut 50 years ago today (2.10.71) and scored in the 2-0 win over Port Vale.

4 Likes

Christ if only he was available today, there would be a few bodies scattered around the pitch, but he could play also, a bulldozer with An eye for goal, loved him.:clap:

2 Likes

@Mister-sitter Perfect assessment of The Bolt.