International Break

There is an international break next week. Will Liam Gordon and Brandon Comley be missing?

They announced the next home game as Easter Monday so I presume Swindon is off due to the break!

There has to be 3 call-ups for it to be postponed and I doubt DD will be fit.

2 Likes

yeah I wondered why they did that too. As Scooby says there needs to be 3 internationals called up which maybe Swindon will have, but given DD injury on past experience it’ll only be the two for us Id have thought.

1 Like

I agree …perhaps Swindon have 3 being called up although the announcer may have made a mistake.

1 Like

Or Allen has been called up to the England squad?!

1 Like

:grinning: :grinning:

Guyana and Montserrat don’t have games scheduled for this break so they should be fine, but Adegboyega and Okagbue being called up for Ireland u21 is a possibility.

Swindon had a couple of players called up in November but one was for Gambia who don’t have a game, and the other was Tyrese Shade, who’s out on loan.

:thinking:

Guyana v Cambodia - bit of a local derby there.

1 Like

Ok, FotMob doesn’t list those so there may be an issue after all - losing Gordon, Adegboyega and Okagbue from our defence would be a bit of a problem!

2 Likes

Don’t know whether it makes a difference but both the Cape Verde and Cambodia games are friendlies. We are still selling tickets for the Swindon game as are Swindon.

1 Like

A couple of minutes after announcing the Easter Monday game as our next up, he made another announcement saying the Swindon game was on the 23rd. I think that is what he was saying anyway, the Tannoy is still difficult to hear at times, although people around me also thought he was saying the same and thus correcting his mistake. But who knows?

3 Likes

Sadler mentioned about JM may not be fit for the Swindon game so assume it is on

Looks like the announcer got it wrong then although he may have put it right.

The call-ups won’t have been made yet but if Gordon, Adegboyega and Okagbue are called up, then it will be called off. If only 2 are then we are going to struggle to find a defence!

1 Like

He did and then corrected himself as we were leaving

1 Like

Just seen that Republic of Ireland U21s have a game on Friday 22nd so could be off yet, or worse we lose a couple of players.

Yes, he definitely announced the Swindon game. But as the international squads haven’t been announced yet, we won’t know at the moment if we will have the minimum 3 call-ups to postpone anyway, so nothing to be inferred if hadn’t.

Yeah, he did announce a ‘correction’ over the PA system a couple of minutes after to say that Swindon was in fact our next game.

1 Like