Interview with Jimmy O'Connor

It was quite interesting him talking about O’Driscoll.

Knew Jim had played for him at Donny but didn’t realise he also did at Bournemouth and on loan at Bristol City so was always going to speak well of him.

He knew the vibe had gone between players and fans but also said he thought O’Driscoll would’ve got it right in the play offs so the timing was out that season really from the moment DS went.

In hindsight probably would’ve been better to give Whitney the chance then and if results dipped around March given it to an experienced manager then.

Any chance of getting Milan on?

1 Like

He is on the list of targets!

2 Likes

Lankovic … or Butterfield? :grin:

I’m not sure we were even going to be in the playoffs if he stayed to be honest, and in all honesty if Barnsley hadn’t sneaked in the playoffs in the dying moments of the last day, I’d have fancied us to beat any of the other teams over two legs. Barnsley were the best team in the division in the second half of that season.

I don’t look back with any anger to O’Driscoll though, it was just one of those that seemed like it should work but didn’t.

3 Likes

Is Adam Chambers on the list.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, any player who wants to come on is on the list

6 Likes

It’s a pity you couldn’t get one or two of our ex managers on to tell us a few stories about the goings on behind the scenes.

I’d love to hear Smith and Dickie Dosh on a podcast.

4 Likes

Or Merson? :wink:

1 Like

God no … :person_facepalming: :joy:

2 Likes

It makes us glad you think we have that sort of pulling power

1 Like

Sean Geddes would be an interesting one, highly rated youngster who didn’t quite make it despite floating around the first team squad for a year or two.

A rarity aswell in that I don’t think he was too fond of DS! Make me thing of him when JOC was still full of praise for Dean even though he was dropped for the cup final.

He was a guest on Grassroots Gossip a few years ago, and talked about his time at Walsall, but the episode (and indeed the whole podcast) seems to have disappeared from the internet.

1 Like