Is football as we know it doomed?

You can spread out inside Wembley but even 10,000 people need to get there safely.

Walsall/Bescot is probably ideal in this scenario for all the reasons I don’t particularly like it.

It is all seater, about three times bigger than it needs to be versus our fanbase, in an area that isn’t densely populated and people travel there via a broad range of methods.

Effectively five big areas in the stadium holding around 2,000 each. It would be very easy to accommodate all of our season ticket holders and have us socially distance between those five areas in allocated seats.

I’m reasonably hopeful I’ll be back there come September.

4 Likes

Then you have to consider this

So when we are 3-0 down at Home to some numpty team, we know what to do - all rush to the middle of the stand for a cuddle and get the game called off. :smiley:

3 Likes

1 Like

That’s a team who’s fans like each other though. We’ve got nearly as many factions as fans. Block 1, block 4, and the “left of centre” (:wink:) mobs downstairs. The middle upper (ssssh) and the upper upper (is it an ultra tone?) upstairs. And that’s just behind the goal!

Then when we try to organise ourselves into a group to represent the fans to the club we’ve got more groups than Louis Walsh in his prime.

I feel that getting us together is actually harder than keeping us apart. :joy:

10 Likes

certainly when it comes to this forum :laughing:

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me what the beef is with these? Always sat in Block 4 just because as a kid first going, that’s where the atmosphere was but a load of people seemed to move a few years ago and never knew why

Seems daft to me all being spread out

It seems quite apt at the moment :grin: :wink:

1 Like

The game wasn’t called off though was it?
It was suspended for 15 mins while those fans that had congregated together were expelled by the police and shipped off to the local nick.
That could be a bit of a bloodbath at the bescot.
I would imagine that those fans would also be banned for at least a couple of years.

Damn and blast, I thought I had a foolproof plan to get us through the season undefeated at Home.

1 Like

Who would he (or she :laughing:) train with?