Is Keates Good Enough?

I do not believe that Keates will walk away from Walsall and neither do I think Bonser will sack him with the cost of paying him off. Keates is in for the long haul whether we are in Di 1 or 2 next year. Yes he is making mistakes which people believe he should be learning from but there are as many opinions as there are supporters. We will have to wait and see how he developes.

Can just see it being one of them where they will drag it out til the last minute when obviously it’s too late! Really do hate supporting this club sometimes but recently I’m questioning why i/we even bother!! Even watching keates interview after the game, he doesn’t even give me the impression he’s not even angry, just keeps coming out with a load of tosh, and you have mole and gamble who will probably back him until theres a riot because they had to pay abit of wonga to get him!

Dean is angry but his delivery tends to be one dimensional and obviously he is Mr Cliche with regards the usual footballing catchphrases. No doubt he cares.

But he is completely out of his depth; having a very poor knowledge of the transfer market, together with tactical tombola.

You would have to look at John Ward to take the helm until the end of the season, though we’ve shot our bolt with recruitment, so not an easy task to bring together a squad where most of them wont be here next season.

1 Like

Personally I believe that Keates WILL be good enough, but probably isn’t quite there at the moment and is evidently still trying to learn his craft.

I don’t see the point in getting rid of him, as no matter who we appoint, they will be in the same set of circumstances as he is now, and that Whitney was prior. The players aren’t good enough for this level (OK, DK has signed a lot of them), and with the transfer window now closed we seemingly need a miracle to survive the way it’s playing out now. A new man would have to be a genius at motivation to get anything extra from the squad we have, and I’m not even sure that would be enough.

1 Like

Been banging it for years.

1 Like

Whoooooo do you think you are… ?

#just sack pat

1 Like

I’m genuinely interested to know what you’ve seen or heard to suggest that keates will be good enough at some point?

No doubt Dean is making a complete horlicks of things and is out of his depth but you know what?
With the current state of the club which seems to be rotten and decaying from the inside out, no one appearing to be in the slightest bit interested in there jobs within the club, nothing organised, run correctly or managed, with no one seemingly prepared to own up to responsibility for anything from the toilets to what is going on on the field.
It is WFC as a whole that is not good enough and is failing everyone. I doubt even Sir Ray would have a chance of success as today`s version of WFC bears absolutely no resemblance to what it was and still should be.

2 Likes

Was about to ask the same question. Keates hasnt shown anything to suggest he will come good. His transfer policy and record is a complete disaster, he doesnt know his best team or best formation. Really is shades of Merson for me.

Questioning whether anyone who came in could turn things around, is certainly no reason to stick with a total failure as a Manager. What we may at least have with someone new, is a settled team and way of playing which can’t be said at the moment.

2 Likes

:100:, there are plenty of managers out there who could organise and coach these players better than Keates.

1 Like

I think Keates’ main problem is that he’s as thick as ■■■■.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:. Great analogy

1 Like

The thing is rob, where would he go from here with possibly a relegation on his cv in his first foray into league management?

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking, certainly wouldn’t be a league club, would have to be lower conference or even below that😳

1 Like

Stop sitting on the fence Matt :joy:

2 Likes

Yes there are.

On our budget though? We’d do well to find one. I think this is a tall order for anyone at our level. Dean Smith managed it. But that’s because he’s a level above. What are the chances we find another?

I honestly don’t think it really matters who the manager is at this point. The plug was pulled the minute Barnsley scored in the play offs.

The plug was pulled a long time before then. The uninterruptible power supply known as fan goodwill is now nearly exhausted. #marsopportunityitsdarkandmybatteryislow

At least Smith had the club actually buying into something. A system. Was he given tons of cash? No. But his philosophy was implemented top to bottom.

The minute that failed that was it. Give the Physio the managers job full time on the cheap, make no effort to keep hold of the players, replaces them with cheap journeymen and loans, clog up the youth system and make sure the rent is paid.

I realise Bonsor has been a ■■■■ since before then.

3 Likes

Ye agree , I think we are snookered tbf … the club can’t afford to be paying off two managers as well appointing a new one.

He won’t be fired.

1 Like