Issa wpms And trust

I didn’t say that. I said that ISSA should find common ground with the Trust and work on the things it has a chance of achieving.

To use your analogy, I don’t think the duck is dead, but it is lame.

Define “state”? If you mean the quality of the music we play at half time, then yes, improvements can be achieved. However, if you are referring to our financial state and our ability to compete as a professional football club, then that’s a different matter.

I clearly say above that there are good things that ISSA do, and they should continue working to achieve them, as for the club however, yes we are on a sliding (do you mean slippery?) slope. Just look at the past few years. We now can’t compete with FGR or Cheltenham for heavens sake, we look more likely to get relegated again than be promoted any time soon if the quality of players we have is anything to go by.

Did you actually read my post?

I’ve told you what IMO I think the Trust and ISSA should be concentrating their efforts on. I’ll give you a clue - it’s the last sentence.

1 Like

I think the point being made is if you have 100 different people, they will all want a say and if they start to disagree there will be issues.
Not a reflection on their personal expertise but more a case of too many cooks! :thinking:

1 Like

It’s the point of it being 100 fans in the first place.
There may be one person on the board but the 100 fans they represent may have differing views and that could change even more over time.

Look at the wide array of views between fans on here. And extrapolate that to our fan base as a whole. It’s a recipe for disagreements.

Not to mention the board member wouldn’t be representing the fan base in its entirety. It would be representing the 100 who’ve paid money and they’d be expecting things for their money.

2 Likes

Would that not be the case with any body getting a seat on board, Ie said group may have way more members than 100

As for the record the fans interested did not want a return, but it would have. Received a dividend. As and when one was paid out it was more to get a better understanding of how the mechanics of the club where put together and for fans to have a. Voice from within , and would have been along the lines of a directors loan,

If one of the. Original stakeholders wanted out at any time there share would have been offered to another fan to purchase
As said it’s immaterial now anyhow , was just an idea that we hoped as fans would have benefited both club and fans With the intention of building s better relationship between the To, ( albeit that is already showing signs of improving)
But as I’ve already said in other comments we will still try to come up with ideas. That will. Benefit all fans and club,

1 Like

I can see that having a supporters representative on the board would be attractive to fans.
But can you imagine what a difficult position that person would find themselves in. People on here who are in important business positions ( dont we know there are some ) would know that when commercially sensitive or even normal financial or transfer issues were being discussed it would be a problem.
Supporters would demand to be kept informed and the poor sod would find him or herself in an intolerable position.
Can you imagine , " I,ll tell you but please dont make it known "
It aint gonna happen guys.

1 Like

Understand where you are coming from
Isn,t it a very sad indictment of our club, That if our club was more transparent with its fan base. Things like what we tried to do would not be. Necessary, in first place

I’m sure if. The whole truths where told no matter how brutal they be, That. Fans would be galvanised and united in support. And all pull as one to save/ progress it, and those 5k season tickets would fly out,

But sadly as philthesadfler as already pointed out they can’t bonser has led us down a one way street, and the baggage he has left behind has. Left no viable route out , If I’m honest the only way out is. If possible execute release clause. At next rental break. And start again. From scratch. The last few years have been hard to swallow., but further decline. Is very much on the cards

3 Likes

Thank you @Dhforever for providing more detail.

Some supporters like Nigel Bond and initially Leigh Pomlett himself stood up a similar amount of money to get a seat on the board. A shame that a similar sum is declined because the club can’t trust 100 of its supporters.

It makes you wonder what the sensitive information is. Obviously it is stuff that is under the line in terms of the accounts. If I swerve the negative connotations about not wanting to reveal the “real” numbers it can only be about the integrity of sensitive data such as salaries. Whilst Darrell Clarke’s wage might provide us lot with a bit of interesting tittle tattle, I’m not sure even Darrell himself would be too arsed.

I do wonder if it worth just clarifying what type of information (not the information itself) would harm the club if it “got out” and whether a pretty standard NDA could allay those fears. The ISSA rep is then responsible for keeping those areas of sensitivity to themselves. If it can be proved that they leaked such information then the club keep the cash and ISSA loses its seat. Job done. I’m more interested in getting the voice around the table rather than the ears to be honest.

2 Likes

Who are Walsall Supporters Society? :thinking:

You said that LP had spoken to other club chairmen who had accepted fan representation on their boards and then regretted it.
Who were these clubs spoken to and what were the issues that caused regret?
What is the feeling from those fans who have or had a representative on their clubs board?
Has it improved the openness with their club and results on and off the pitch?

One of the knobheads used to post on here.

Pomlett needs to retain 75% of the ordinary shareholding to keep absolute control of the club. I think he has 76.1% so there’s not a lot of room to manoeuvre, but selling down 1% should be achievable if he were so inclined. I am unsure as to why Gamble thinks it is a bad idea, although feedback from other clubs may have something to do with it, given that he is a dyed-in-the-wool Bonserite who has spent his whole career at Walsall immersed in an ‘us versus them’ environment.

He came from the club accountants, so he knows where the bodies are buried.

That’s interesting.

Are the club aware of this? Our Trust is quite clearly unfit for purpose if this is all true. Such a shame that a club like us who relies on its small hardcore fan base has what has to be one of if not the worst Trust in the Football League. I like people there, but huge changes are needed.

Perhaps the accounts were filed in Sierra Leone by mistake…

3 Likes

I can’t answer your question mate as he did not divulge. Which chairmen he had spoken to
As said. He gave us an answer, and we accepted his decision, , the ideas we had. Where not of the cuff at last meeting club where aware of what we where working on, as they where informed. Some weeks back

We where ready to get proof of funding and explained. We would need to agree a timescale for us to do this if we where going to proceed, any further

As said he told us he would consider our proposal, once. It was all in writing , but said it was something he was highly likely to not agree to for reasons he stated, I thanked him for his honesty and told him I accepted his reasons, And. That as far as we are concerned. It was an avenue we would no longer pursue. , at which point trust dropped there bombshell. Of stating. Fan representation on board was no big deal anyway, And. I asked them if they wanted to retract that statement as it made a mockery of the trusts very reason for existence But we are still trying to come up with ideas that would give fans a bigger say in club whilst. Trying to help it financially

One question I would like answering, and I will be putting it in writing to the guys at. Walsall supporters for change , to ask at next working party. And request it to be minuted. , and also sending it direct to club. is if trust. Could come up with the 200 k , would the answer still be the same,

I have no problem if. They say yes they would accept it from the trust, , and I’d urge. Fans to get. Behind it. And support. It. But if they To would be turned down then the trust has to consider its position with a view to it being wound down. As it’s sole aim. Will be proven to be An impossibility to fulfil

If this is proven to be true, then the trust should immediately be wound up,

As said if true a criminal offence has been committed , and as I have argued for a long time proves. trust operates outside its own constitutional rules,

Not only are they acting outside of the law,of the land but surely given there association with Walsall football club they are also bringing the club into disrepute

As said if true sad day for the ones involved with trust for the right reasons, , maybe they can. Re group after clearing out the deadwood. and bring some respectability. Back To an organisation who should be behind reproach , and should only concentrate on doing there best by the very fans they where set up to serve , instead of being dictated to by a few. Who use trust to there own ends

4 Likes

Those Pina coladas aren’t going to buy themselves, allegedly. :palm_tree::smile:

Here’s an idea - how about putting your 200k into something tangible? Ask the club if they’ll commit the balance to restoring the Saddlers Club…

5 Likes

Possibly worth sending the trust a notarised letter, asking for more detailed information. Something that they’ll have more difficulty ignoring out of hand than when being asked by mere fans.

Think you will see that place demolished. Very soon ,
When we asked about it before. Securing use of railway they said it couldn’t open via a third psrthy and have a clash of interest,s with football club, Ie no beer or food sales would ever be allowed

Didn’t rule out it ever being used again at the time. But not for what it’s original purpose was , that was made quite clear

1 Like