Jackson Smith Signs (Again)

May have been his terms? If he does well etc…

Be good in one on ones, makes him big

Wish they would make it 4 and get Bennett back from Cambridge

Look closer - it’s got the Saddlers badge. Would probably sell well in the Mander Centre. Most Wolves fans wouldn’t notice.

Very unusual for us to sign players who have been on loan after they have gone back. We have signed them mid-loan, as with Menayese most recently but rarely like this.

Milan? Flo?

Sawyers, Laird…

Happy with this signing, thought he did well in the last game of the season and couldn’t have done much about the goal.It’s certainly an upgrade on Przybek and hopefully will give Evans something to think about.

Kevin Summerfield.
We did allow him to knock us out of the cup in between loan and signing though.

Its not really though is it? How many Walsall ST holders if asked in a pub, and without looking it up, could name players from Walsall’s development squad? Or even who the academy manager is? There is generally speaking, a huge disconnect between fans and what goes on in academy football compared to when it was (watchable) reserve teams and youth teams. The only players fans are likely interested in or will have heard of, are those knocking on the door of their first team.

2 Likes

Just checked out laird on wiki, 22 goals in 79 games from as assistant manager/left back. That’s some going!

1 Like

I loved the bromance between Jase and Lairdy.
I think Donervan does that and DJ plays off the love of the supporters. I can’t wait for the Mansfield game!

I hope we see players and supporters smiling this season and enjoying matches.

I don’t always expect to win, but I expect to be entertained.

I agree that players are humans with difficulties like everybody else; however, they are also very lucky to do the job that they do and I think Sadler and Byfield have to get the likes of DJT to show the fans that they care as much as the supporters.

3 Likes

I get where you are coming from. I thought though that his loan last season to an neighbouring club and a FL debut may have put him on their radar, as with for example our youngsters that get loaned out to NL clubs and the like.

Has anyone else noticed his pre match ritual? Every game just before kick off, he acknowledges the fans then runs over to the goal and kicks the crossbar. He’s done it every game he has played. I’m surprised he doesn’t do his hamstring in doing that. It’s some feat to kick the crossbar

This was him at Southampton, looks dangerous :flushed:

5 Likes

Martin O’Connor.

Yes, one of the exceptions and one of the best. He never wanted to go!

1 Like

Some agility that lad!

I like the fact he appears comfortable kicking with either foot, which is a bonus when the ball is played back to you under a bit of pressure.