James Clarke

A strange one indeed.

I’m happy, though.

What I like about the new signings are they are players the manager trusts and seem to be real good characters. Im afraid last season we had too many players of dodgy character. These guys alongside Kinsella and Devlin (as long as they stay) are the type of players we need in the trenches

2 Likes

The only problem with getting all his old mates in, is you tend to get cliques.

Can’t see that being the case, from what I’ve read he’s massive on team spirit so can’t imagine any of his teams having cliques

Tried and tested. He’s starting with the spine, which is 100% the correct approach, and like others have stated, I expect a GK to be on his radar in our not too distant future. You’d have to say that we may well benefit from Clarke having a ‘holiday’ period from football earlier on in the year, as it looks likely that he will spend much of the summer making assessments and judgements on players. If we can get the key positions filled with personnel by the start of pre season, we can all hopefully relax a little and enjoy watching some trialists trying to impress, knowing that we have some semblance of a starting XI.

Noted with interest that Clarke, like Sinclair, is another with the Salisbury - Rovers - Walsall trajectory just like the manager. Clearly trusts these guys to do a job and knows his ideas will be implemented and transmitted on the pitch by these guys.

Good work boss, keep it up!

5 Likes

Haven’t seen much of him but the Rovers fans seem to rate him. Happy days!

Looks like we have a manager who can sell a club no matter how ■■■■ it is :joy::+1:t2:

You’ve got a good one in James Clarke. Always gives it his all, wherever he is asked to play across the back four. DC doesn’t have “cliques”, so no worries about the ex-Rovers/Salisbury connections - team spirit under him at Rovers was excellent.

You might get the usual DC slow start to the season, but fully expect you to be challenging for promotion after the New Year (if not before)

9 Likes

Might get shot down for this but somebody at our club must be working alongside Clarke aswell selling the club and pushing these deals through. Two excellent signings especially a player dropping down a division dare I say we are showing some ambition rather than the usual waiting for players who are keeping there options open.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that, I think he has a strong enough relationship with both players to get these deals done off his own merit - would agree if it was players of the same calibre who he hadn’t worked with before but he has 2 promotions with each of these players

Potentially the best defensive singing we’ve made for some time!

2 Likes

As long as they all “sing” from the same hymn sheet

2 Likes

Bastard IPhone

3 Likes

Great signing. Rovers fans my way rate him.

Well he seems to have the bit between his teeth DC and determined to get this project off the ground think any other players he may choose without previous connections would also be really impressed with what hes trying to achieve

Its nice to sign players from the league above rather than going to Wrexham and non-league!

Seems both signings give 100% and are born winners. A long way from some of the dross we have had over the past three years. Lets remember who Clarke is replacing (Guthrie) he came here after being released from a relegated side who had conceded over 200 goals in two years - Rovers conceded less than Portsmouth and Doncaster!

2 Likes

But have Brizzle Rovers got a state of the art sprinkler system like ours?!

3 Likes

I hope you are right, Clarkey. BTW - how many Clarkes are there in Bristol?! :wink:

2 Likes

Last one was probably Kevin Toner or Kane Wilson

:smirk:

Something I said all last season but other’s didnt agree.Has to be quality over quantity every time, rather than padding out the squad with dross on 2 year contracts.

2 Likes

Provided we stay injury free. Every Walsall manager has a decision to make, bring in cover or gamble. Clarke has opted for the second option. I hope he’s right. his signings so far have certainly been promising.