Jamie Fullarton Departs

His appointment seemed a good thing at the time.
If a club at our level has a decent manager you have to ask if the wage of a DOF can be justified.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gabsutton/status/1514665187810463744?s=21&t=BDnpyl7N7PcprFfYo_eprA

@GabSutton hasnā€™t held back here :grimacing::smiley:

18 Likes

Imagine thatā€™ll get deleted soon enough, needed an allegedly or two :joy:

"I canā€™t wait to get going,ā€ he said.

ā€œItā€™s a fantastic football club, I remember playing against them many years ago, Paul Merson was in charge so that does go back a while.

ā€œIt is a club that wants to go in the right direction and that was key for me.

ā€œI am bringing in togetherness. Every single team that I have been a part of, there has been a real togetherness.

ā€œI am going to make sure that that is throughout the football club.

ā€œI know Jamie (Fullarton) is really big on that, and again that was one of the principles that I was really impressed with so I canā€™t speak highly enough of him on that.

ā€œWe have a very vocal group of supporters and we want to try and get more feet inside the stand on match days and we can only do that by winning games.

ā€œI am sure that with them behind us and with everyone pulling in the right direction, we will have a good end to the season."

This is what Flynn said when appointed. It would seem it didnā€™t take long to figure Fullarton out. With full control over who he signs and gets rid of in the summer, fingers crossed we show gradual improvement as he has more than proved himself in this league.

Presumably he will have also resigned as a board member and this will be updated soon:
Walsall FC Board Members

4 Likes

Blimey.

Dangerous to say without proof.
He has had a lot of allegations since he started with us and none proven.
Could simply be a job out of his reach . Dangerous and unfair to destroy a manā€™s reputation and character without facts

3 Likes

Seems heā€™s fairly confident with the accusations

https://twitter.com/GabSutton/status/1514671427982610433?s=20&t=JwxnOfAt6JLjLGcedA0N4A

3 Likes

Has something come to light that gave Pomlett no choice but reading his exit statement does not suggest it.

Iā€™m indifferent to the fact that he has gone. Itā€™s far too soon to be able to say whether he has made a positive impression at the club.

What does concern me is the instability again. Chopping and changing of key personnel is not good. It also, of course, leaves us once again in the position that pomlett said he wouldnā€™t want us to be - that the manager could leave us and create a completely unstable situation with no continuity. And rest assured that if flynn does do a good job here, offers will be in for him from above.

3 Likes

Just saw this posted on social media. This summer will be an interesting one.

Edit - Interesting to note the reaction on social media, Paul Joannou, Shay Willock and Alfie Bates have liked posts from either the club or other accounts, or I may just be reading too much into things.

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha.

Good news!

Would say a Pomlett success personallyā€¦realised the screw up and put it right. The only negative for me is the wasted year.

2 Likes

Great news!
I know lots on here thought a DOF was a great idea but I just donā€™t get it at this level.
Just get a decent manager and give him full autonomy.
Looks like thatā€™s whatā€™s happened now thank god.

4 Likes

The one they stated would happen before the end of the season :rofl:

Good riddance!!

As much as many will praise Pomlett for this course of action I personally donā€™t think it reflects well on him again. If even a modicum of what Fullarton is ā€œallegedlyā€ supposed to be like is true it shows a pretty poor judgement of character.

Removing the person you brought in for continuity and stability, that brought footballing knowledge to a board that lacks this, 12 months to the day of this speech on 14th April 2021 smacks of cluelessness.

10 Likes

Didnā€™t stay long at Halifax and Notts County and not liked by the fans at both. Not lasted a year here. Who would want to take him on now?

Pretty much my feeling. Fair play on biting the bullet and getting rid but itā€™s a long line of appointments now that have turned sour.

Well, Iā€™m glad heā€™s f***ed off. His squad is nothing but a failure, his managerial appointments were firstly a failure and secondly a coverup and complete 180 of all the bullshit heā€™d spouted to that point. Glad to see the back of him.

6 Likes

Exactly. Complete failure.

Only at Walsall.