Jamie Fullarton Departs

Alfie seems to like the news :laughing:

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/vitalwalsall/status/1514672536545542155?s=21&t=f-1655XlqyTrdkxU0p-wZQ

1 Like

I feel there is more to this than we will be told.

7 Likes

I’ve a feeling we can fill in the gaps. I don’t think Flynn will be getting a Christmas card from the Fullarton household any time soon.

3 Likes

I wonder how many of the 2 year contract signings will be placed on the transfer list…or just paid off to go?

Good riddance, waste of a wage, waste of space, wasted a squad build last summer and January, couldn’t DIRECT TRAFFIC

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mjmarr_star/status/1514674020477767688?t=uW1AHctusWscehuXLhfW_g&s=19

7 Likes

I wonder what Pomlett will do now? He went really big on the DoF role and the ‘stability’ it will provide us from a footballing perspective. Is he going to make another u-turn and place that solely in the hands of the Head Coach again, or are we going to be recruiting for another DoF?

As with most things WFC, there’s more questions than answers again…

6 Likes

Gotta wait until the next Pomcast :roll_eyes:

I do also wonder if the Early Bird season ticket sales have been crap so far and this has bought about a head to head between Pomlett and Fukkarton?

This is good news I think. Even allowing for the fact we spent most of the season with an inexperienced manager the squad was full of holes from the off and let’s be honest not a lot of quality. For all the talk of signing the right characters the body language of some of these players has been awful and the team has a definite soft underbelly.

If I had to speculate I’d say there has been a clash with Flynn here. Flynn has already hinted he isn’t impressed with a lot of players at the club and probably thinks he can do better himself. Maybe it was even a him or me situation. Pure speculation of course, I doubt we will ever know the truth.

2 Likes

I would suggest Flynn ain’t happy with a lot of this squad and that’s down to Fullarton’s recruitment and wishes to bring his own players in and Fullarton’s surplus to requirements

2 Likes

I don’t understand how a D o F will necessarily provide us with a guarantee of continuity. We are as likely to lose a successful DoF as we are a successful Manager if others come calling.

3 Likes

I get the DOF position, especially at Walsall, where the other Directors are mainly focussed on raising the rent money. The appointment of Fullerton though, has clearly been a disappointment , so I’m not arsed that he’s gone.
An old head in that role is probably a better call.

5 Likes

Because that’s not true. The managerial merry go round is far far more active than the director of football one. The point of a director of football, is to sit on your board for a number of years over seeing a philosophy both on and off the pitch.

Yet again, this club has failed.

7 Likes

Feels like a lot longer than a year!

If you’re Fullarton and you’re listening to Flynn’s most recent comments regarding the state of the playing squad, you’d have to be very thick skinned to not realise they were directed your way… in hindsight, today’s events were the next natural step, even though it’s a very welcome surprise.

4 Likes

Thank feck for that! Some good news at last. Complete waste of a wage. I trust Micky Flynn to sign better players than Fukkarton - his wages will fund a decent striker - much more use than his woeful contribution!

“I am 90 per cent certain of the players I want to keep next season, whether they are under contract or not." was particularly striking

4 Likes

That is a distinct possibilty.

If Fullarton is as narcissistic as has been alleged today, that now looks like a red rag. It’s basically saying," I can do my job and yours. You’re irrelevant."

2 Likes