Josh March

No mate not Leamington, i try to get to as many of my nephews games as possible just to give him support, he is going for the next level in his goalkeeping badges, but the greedy FA specify that he has got to take his outfield badge or something first, and it’s about £1000, but i have been to about 3 Alvechurch games this season.

You would think so, but we are not a great prospect at the moment.

Can’t disagree with that mate but life’s about bettering yourself and moving up the ladder we are at that higher level so gotta be worth a shot for the lad.

3 Likes

Love them “little” games soo too speak proper football…

Fair play too your lad and i wish him all the very best!

Ask him what he thinks about my pal hes a young GK id love too see him here but hes just signed for Gloucester after morcambe ■■■■■■ him about

1 Like

Who is your pal?

Young GK called Nial Mayher

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you got it mate it ain’t funny I was a goalkeeper for Shelfield as a kid and we lost 16-1 to Lane Head Strollers kid in my year scored 6 of them I saved 5 penalties and got man of the match probably felt sorry for me but I reckon it was the penalty saves that won me the accolades :rofl:

1 Like

Ye he said he has heard of him, said he is a good lad, but doesn’t know him personally

1 Like

But is he not Finnish? :thinking:

Just looked through his goals 50% of them are from the penalty spot

dylan parker was the last striker that came from this level lets hope this lad is better.

1 Like

At that level he would also be working to top up his football wages wouldn’t he? So then it would come down to how much he wants to be a professional if anyone offers him a chance, as I doubt we’d offer more than he currently earns with two wages combined.

3 Likes

Absolutely many a player have turned down lower league football because they know their limitations and playing for teams like Walsall for 2 seasons would probably be the pinnacle of their career so financially they would be worse off.

Doesn’t Josh Murphy play at Leamington, along with Reece Flanagan? I remember one of the goals that the ginger Messi scored for them whilst on loan from the Saddlers: it was a worldie!

However, I’m pretty sure that David Kelly came from Alvechurch who also had a decent striker called Alan Smith who went on to play for Leicester, Arsenal and England, so there is potential out there if the players back themselves to make a career for themselves as a professional footballer…

2 Likes

He went to Rushall after Leamington. Think he might have left now though as he hasn’t been in a few squads recently.

I also heard about Josh March yesterday. I’d be more than happy to get him. It’s where we need to look for the talent.

2 Likes

I agree. Fans also need to give players coming from non league time and not expect them to always replicate their form straight away, if at all.

2 Likes

Agreed I know people say “there in that league for a reason” but I don’t agree that all players at that level are there for a reason some are much better than that level you’ve watch lower league football mate so have many on here I’ve seen some really good players lower down the pyramid take a chance on the kid I say 25+ goals at that level transpires to 10-12 for us that’s not a bad return when you look at a certain someone we have at the club at present.

For every Jordan Murphy there is a Troy Deeney, you have to take a gamble and recruiting from local non-league is something we should do whilst we’re at this level. Equally, I’d like to see us doing more to sweep up talented youngsters when they drop from local academies or are released, as Smith and ROK did with Sawyers, Downing and Mantom.

There are ways we can survive and prosper in our regional and financial ecosystem and DS was definitely on to something, but our transfer dealings since Whitney’s marque signing of Oztumer have (Tyler Roberts the main exception) been generally poor, panicked and largely based on guesswork.

Will be interesting to see if Clarke approaches any local teams for loans in January, get the sense that the experience of Fitzwater, Ronan and Blackett-Taylor etc in recent years might have made us a less attractive proposition than we once were.

4 Likes

I think if we did give the lad a chance, it would be a long term thing, not a quick fix.

1 Like