Kieren Phillips signs

This could be our best signing. He’s here for a year so unlike most loan signings there’s no pressure on him to start scoring immediately. His record at B team level shows he can score goals. His parent club rate him, otherwise he’d be up for sale, not loan. He’s the right age, he’s tall and he’s been schooled at Huddersfield, who were in the Premier not that long ago, and Everton too.
What’s not to like?

1 Like

Blimey are you his agent

1 Like

Happy with this, he sounds very promising and seems highly rated by Huddersfield and their fans.

2 Likes

Interesting one. Had 10 games for Huddersfield in championship so much much higher level he’s played at compared to the strikers that came on loan last season or even what Adebayo had.

Fine with this as obviously expect a more senior CF to be signed in next few weeks.

2 Likes

Hail slipper kin

Kippers in hall

Happy with this one, young and hungry. If we can help his development and get the best of him could be good, ideally would have a more experienced option as well which would also help his development. We should certainly all get behind him and give encouragement whilst giving him time and not expect instant miracles.

This is a very interesting signing.
Really surprised L1 teams were not sniffing around him.
Will be an interesting to see him in action

Interested to know how Walsall scout a player like Phillips? No obvious connections, no great 1st team exposure, not on a transfer list. Why him and not someone more local? Only asking not criticising the signing.

As I’ve said on another thread, I think this kids going to surprise us. Obviously has an eye for goal, irrespective of the level he’s played. I just have a suspicion we may have played a blinder and picked up a hidden gem who is eager to make his mark.

Bit of a punt, but perhaps Phillips would have spent the end of last season with us had Adebayo’s move to Huddersfield worked out?

2 Likes

I hope Huddersfield gives us the first right of refusal to purchase Phillips if he works out (scores goals) for us.
He has a good pedigree. Town think he has potential but he’s not Championship level yet.
I don’t mind Walsall developing him, just as long as we get rewarded for it like we did with Eli.