L 0-1 vs Barnsley - Behind closed doors match

I’m not panicking or anything I was mainly pointing out we missed loads last season Miller was guilty of a good few of those.I’m sure nobody wants a replay of last season and missing becomes a habit,hopefully the strike force this year take more chances than they don’t.I agree it was only 30 minutes and I did say it could be ring rust.I just want us to score some goals this season that’s all.We look like we could be really solid at the back so if we score a couple the opposition might find it hard to claw one back that’s a recipe for a very good season.

1 Like

Are we gonna nail one of these this season? It’s getting quite costly following these tips :wink:

2 Likes

Flynn out, Pomlett out, Boycott out, Mole out, Poundland out, shake it all about.

2 Likes

That sometimes used to be a relief, even to England supporters

3 Likes

The Barnsley website have highlights of this game. Can’t seem to login to watch on my iFollow account. Anyone else managed to watch it?

I have. Just create a new account and you should be able to watch it. :+1:t2:

Few guesses of trialists but when I watched the highlights it seems like the striker playing in the second 30 mins with Kiernan looks like Timmy Abraham, and another interesting one who was in back three with Daniels and Mayo seems to look like Nathaniel Knight-Percival who was ex Tranmere and Bradford.

I wonder why we are even considering any more centre backs?

Timmy A is only 21 but he has never scored in the EFL in 26 appearances. Adebayo had a similar background at Fulham but he had a better scoring record.

I think we could do worse than Timmy Abraham.

1 Like

We could also do an awful lot better. We already have an inexperienced striker in James-Taylor dont think we need another. The next striker we sign must be a proven goalscorer.

2 Likes

Unless there’s money available and I’m talking over a hundred grand because that’s what a good one will cost in the current market for this level if not more I can’t see us getting one.What’s our highest fee paid for a player? Apart from Makris which was a fiddle, it’s probably Buckley? And what was that 125K? Can you see us going out and spending those sorts of figures? I’m just being realistic.

I’m expecting us to do a lot better

Best i could do :laughing:

1 Like

We now have a so called “Very Competitive budget” which you would expect means we will be able to afford a Competitive striker.

The signings so far apart from maybe Clarke,Evans & Riley, will be on a relatively low wage.

The rest will probably be on 1k or lower

Allen,Hutchison,Bennett,Comley,James-Taylor,Gordon,Przbek,Mcentee.

Last seasons squad that will probably be on a decent whack but the rest again will be on a relatively low wage.

Wilkinson,Labadie,Daniels,Kinsella,Monthe.

We have also shifted some big earners of the wage bill. Ward,Taylor,Miller,Rodney,Fullarton,Holden, Osadabe, Tomlin. also its suggested that Shade was on a very decent whack.

Is this not the new lad from Stoke?

1 Like

Depends how long McEntee is out injured and whether Flynn still sees Meneyese in his plans

No idea tbh

Not sure with the modern day footballer there’s also a cost of living crisis.

I’m honestly not being negative I just think a lot of people are going to be quite unhappy when we don’t go out and spend decent wedge on a forward.I agree we need it to be spent absolutely we do I was one of the ones who’s been saying we won’t get to the championship by opening the saddlers club.The money from the freehold is in what 2 years or whatever was mentioned that’s when I personally think you’ll see money spent on a transfer fee.

Lost to blues same score becoming obvious already where we are short.