L 1-0 vs Barrow (H) - League Two - Sat 4th March, 3pm

Absolute last chance saloon for us if we are to salvage anything from this season. I understand Micky Flynn read the Riot Act (1714) in full to the players after the game, so let’s hope it had the right effect as this can have grave consequences. We found out to our cost earlier in the season Barrow are a high quality, well drilled outfit so we will have to be close to our best to get the positive result we need but I back us to win in an ultimately comfortable romp, 3-0.

1 Like

Likewise with our few morons and the Wolves fan who died.

Hope we persist with just 1 out and out striker (Stevens) balance of the side was much better v Hartlepool.

We need to have a real good gew at these Saturday afternoon.I want to see some real intent and nice attacking play and it would also be nice to see us continuing to play after the hour mark instead of retreating slowly towards our own goal as the match progresses like we do most weeks.

3 Likes

Agreed with all that until this bit …has one been giving the Port a bashing this afternoon what … :joy:

Blimey! You’ll be giving the match a miss then as you’ve obviously had a better offer.

1 Like

Totally agree mucka, I would rather we lose going all out attack at home for a change instead of this nick a goal and try to protect it mentality the team seem to have atm.

Surely MF has told them to stop sitting back and trying to defend leads, we can all see it wave after wave of pressure and we always concede at least an equaliser.

Best form of defence and all that.

We need a win, and no better time and place than tomorrow at home.

1 Like

I have to disagree with you, I think we should wait until Saturday, which would be much better. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve had that friday feeling all day JT … :man_facepalming: :joy:

PS was going to edit it but wtf … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just would be typically Walsall to end the run of draws by absolutely hammering someone and then losing the next game 1-0. Have a good feeling for Saturday, Flynn read them the Riot Act (1714) so I expect we will see a reaction to that.

2 Likes

No idea. Im still not over Hartlepool to be honest.

2 Likes

What’s the league record for league 2 most draws in a row? Could we maybe win something this year?

The record is eight consecutive draws, achieved by seven clubs across the divisions:

We are so close!!!

Well we seem to love a draw at the moment but we looked dangerous last week and Steven’ now off the mark, but defensively had a wobble last week so 8-8 it is then.

2 Likes

I notice that we do already appear on this page…losing 12-0 to the Blues.

We would be on there twice as our 14-0 defeat to Newton Heath (before they became some team called Manchester United) in 1895 would beat the given record of 13-0. However, our manager complained about the state of their pitch and the score was scrubbed, game ordered to be replayed - and this time we kept it to a creditable 9-0 loss instead. :laughing:

2 Likes

But we were unlucky because their tenth goal was miles offside and the 13th should never have been a corner in the first place. Plus we should have had a pelanty early on and if we’d scored that it would have only been 6-1 at the time so all to play for.

1 Like

You have a good memory…

1 Like

Some games just stick in the mind… :older_man:

1 Like