L 1-0 vs Barrow (H) - League Two - Sat 4th March, 3pm

Saturday sees us take on Barrow in yet another glamorous League Two tie, at the Poundland Bescot Stadium as we seek to make it SEVEN games unbeaten. Sounds good doesn’t it, until you remember that the last six happen to have all been draws that have put a downer on our season.

The Bluebirds visit us sitting 11th in League Two and after a promising start to the season they have drifted off slightly, although they are still only 5 points off the play-offs!

Managed by Pete Wild, coincidentally looking like a young Gordon Ramsay (I think so anyway!), he has done well in his first EFL post to date, and had ex-Saddler, Josh Gordon find his shooting boots earlier in the season too. Gordon has 11 goals from his 27 league appearances this season.

Barrow’s recent results look like this:

Moving on to The Saddlers now and we are on a dismal run of draws, none more dismal than contriving to draw 3-3 last time out against Hartlepool United after being 3-1 ahead on the 91st minute.

Michael Flynn believes that we can bounce back from the last result with a good one in this game, so let’s hope for 3 points instead of just 1. One positive from the Hartlepool trip is that Matty Stevens finally opened his account for us, and scored his first goal since suffering an ACL injury last season. Fingers crossed this kicks him on a bit more and we see more goals.

What starting XI would you like to see in this game? I’m not sure what we can do to turn these draws into wins at the moment. It’s all Kinsella’s fault anyway.

Let’s hope we can get three points to stay in touch with the playoffs, as I fear that another draw or a less is practically season over.

Enjoy the game if you’re going!

Walsall vs Barrow - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • Barrow Win

0 voters

Is Kins fit to start or will it be the Comley/Songo’o show again? Will we see Wilkinson, Matt or Maddox back? And will Riley do more than wear a groove in the subs bench after MF said he was ready to start several games ago now?

Hoping Stevens and Knowles push on even more from last week - there are signs of a decent partnership.there.

Down for these next two games. I have us for a tight 1-0 win in this one followed by a rousing 2-1 victory on Tuesday night and suddenly all to play for at Stevenage.

1 Like

Another soul destroying 90 odd minutes of hoofball or miraculously some football being played? Bound to be a draw either way.

1 Like

Barrow are decent, 1-1 for me.

1 Like

If we cannot get promotion, we might as well go for the record books - it’s another draw!

1 Like

Undecided about whether to put myself through this one or not :man_facepalming:t2:.Might just go to have a pint with @RedandWhite and @Belphegor and see what the day brings.

1 Like

Was going to put my usual bet on ex players scoring past us but can’t find Josh Gordon on the list on skybet, looks like he might be injured? he didn’t feature against Salford in the week.

You know you will. :wink:

Not heard anything about Wilko, Matt or Maddox have we?
Hope they are all available and would like to see Matt and Stevens up front again and see if they can click for us.

As for Riley really surprised MF hasn’t given him move action after his sub appearance at home, he looked decent.

I hope he is or the writing will be on the wall as per usual.

Wife’s 60th birthday so can’t make it which probably means I will miss a great match and a comfortable win for the Saddlers.

Think you’re safe on both counts

Last weeks draw was like a bad defeat , I think team will be low on confidence which won’t help playing at home , fans need to support not boo.
2-1 Barrow win

The fans will get behind the team but if we do lose 2-1 there will def be boo’s

1 Like

Time to win again. 2-0 will do.

1 Like

Hasn’t been in their squad for the last six games

1 Like

Maybe he’s got a delayed acl from when he played for us …

3 Likes

Always the way

TBH haven’t forgotten or forgiven their mindless fans (a minority I know) who made chants up about the passing of Ryan Harvey earlier in the season.
So I really hope we put a decent score on the board Saturday.

3 Likes

1-1 draw
Knowles to score in the 43rd minute after running in circles for 10 minutes int he centre circle before diving and the ref awards a goal cus there all crap at league 2 level
They score 92nd minute after evans fouls there striker who’s about to run the ball out of play.
White blamed even though his out walking the labadie

1 Like

It seems that I’ve been saying the same thing for the last few weeks…this is a must win game.
I liked the Stevens/Knowles partnership, Matty is definitely coming along and with the right service, will score goals.
Would love to see Riley get at least a half of football, he looked more than decent when he briefly came on the other day.
I don’t think Connor will be fit for this one, Flynn is being (rightly so) cautious about bringing injured players back too soon.
No more draws please, let’s adopt a 3 point mentality - a winning one.

3 Likes