L 1-0 vs Carlisle United (A) - League Two - Sat 27th Nov, 3pm

How come you know so much about the inner workings of the club?
Whose told you they consider staying over?
All news to me.
It’s all about saving costs, and I doubt the players have any say in the matter.

1 Like

Jesus Christ.

There were a few more culpable than Rushorth before it got anywheer near him. Sloppy marking, space left and ball watching

1 Like

It was related to the Hartlepool game as stated in previous post which I was responding to.
Just happened to be at the ticket office when Leigh Pomlett Matt Taylor and players were getting ready to board the coach on the Friday
No real insight into the club just right place right time.
Just saying it is wrong to say the club don’t consider the matter when they obviously do
Personally on a normal Saturday I wouldn’t have seen a coach trip to Carlisle an issue. The weather issues may have changed that view but that said the weather caught out a number of individuals and organisation

1 Like

With Dan Scarr in this team we would likely be 6 points or more better off he was brilliant at dealing with set pieces.

1 Like

There is a lot you can say about how the team isn’t functioning which would all be valid and should have been improved on by this stage of the season.

The set piece situation alone is tragic and has been very damaging to us. I’m not sure how many points we have lost by conceding from set-pieces but it feels like a lot. If we had just defended a few of those situations better we would certainly be 3 or more points better off. Then consider how poor we are at our own set pieces we could be right up there touching the playoffs just based on that.

I think it was PT that mentioned above that Matt Taylor said “they are hard to practice” how so? A lot has been said about the size of our team this season, this should give an advantage. I’m not a footballing expert by any means but surely it is just about putting good balls into the right areas and players timing their runs, it should become second nature. Our players seem especially poor at the timing of runs part.

Same in regards to defending them, height gives you an advantage but if players are going to switch off and not do their jobs then it doesn’t matter how big you are.

There is a lot being said about bringing in new players and of course bringing in better players will always help, but there is a hell of a lot more than can be done to squeeze more out of what we have.

3 Likes

Agree, and he got on the end of a few.

You’re spot on about the timing of the run. If you look at the delivery in isolation from both Earing and Kahn, it’s actually pretty decent. I’d go as far as saying that it’s the best we’ve had for a good few years consistency wise. It just goes to show that there’s more to it than just slinging the ball into an area.

This one up front system is boring, Taylor dosnt have the correct players to play it and most worryingly he seems incapable of changing it.

Miller to be frank has been awful in the last few games. When the ball goes up to him, it just bounces off him and he loses it.

1 Like

I always felt that Scarr was fine if it was just dropped onto his head but struggled when he had to compete with someone with a bloke of his size. I also felt he was poor in the opposition box too, he’d get on the end of a lot but his timing was terrible.

Can’t knock him though as he’s not doing too badly since he left us

Looking at the goal from that angle, the immediate question that comes to mind is WTF is Osadebe doing?

Rushworth had come out for almost everything up to that point as well.

1 Like

I’d like to see some more attacking intent rather than this sanitised, slow build up play.
I can’t recall the last time we got behind a full back and got crosses and generally turned the oppositions defence around.

People talk about ‘identity’ - But to be honest I think we just want to see our team have a bit more of a go at the opposition, rather than a totally isolated centre forward playing his back to goal and having to run the channels with little support.

1 Like

We seem to bring every player back to defend a set piece yet still defend them badly.
Would like to see us leave one player on the halfway line, this would occupy more opposition players, less in our box, an outlet if when we clear it. Too many players trying to defend & appear to not know their roles.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Miller should be left up field to chase any clearances, let’s face it that’s what he spends most of the games doing anyway. Having all players back can be counter productive. You just need everyone knowing and doing their job.

2 Likes

We are way too negative. There’s a paradox in that we are negative, yet I think our better players are the attack minded ones.

We need to be more confident on the ball, more progressive with the way we play, and push up about 15 yards. We should be tearing teams apart with some of our forward players but we are so boring it’s untrue.

3 Likes

Just when i think i am ready to spend the best part of £50 to come to a match to be entertained by free flowing attacking football, we put in a performance like yesterday, and it sets me back.
I have never not gone to a game in any one season,((apart from covid) this could be the first

1 Like

The football we are playing now, is no different to how we played under Clarke.

It’s the same, bar a few games. I don’t see this new vision, and new positive way of playing at all.

It’s just crap.

2 Likes

Absolutely 100% Rushworth should have come out screaming Keepers!! and collected that ball I usually stick up for keepers where possible the old goal keepers union and all that but he’ll be disappointed looking back that he hasn’t come for that.I was always told when I was being trained that your the only one in that situation that can use your hands to catch the ball and make it safe which sounds the obvious but it really is the case so he should have come out one knee up in the air gathered it and took everything out with it let me tell you this when you scream keepers!!! with a hanging ball you watch how many players stop and freeze and that includes the opposition more often than not.

1 Like

I’m going to the Colchester game mate that’s my next visit hopefully it’ll be better than Harrogate at home was.

1 Like

I said exactly this about corners after the Rochdale game…our big players are all lined up centrally between the penalty spot and the six yard box. You can’t attack a ball from there and you lose all the advantage you have over the defenders. We need the big men to be a good,long 5 or 6 paces further out and meeting the delivery as they run in.