L 1-0 vs Charlton Athletic (H) - Carabao Cup R2 - Tue 23rd Aug, 7pm

Middle and upper open then mate?

Yes mate, not sold many tickets up there though.

1 Like

Donā€™t really know why theyā€™ve opened it. Iā€™d be surprised if we top 3,000 tomorrow and amazed if it gets anywhere near 4,000.

Iā€™ll be there mind.

This was the Barnsley round when we got to the semis.

4 Likes

A game we need to win.
Iā€™d play 3-5-2, but instead of 2 holding and 1 attacking midfielders Iā€™d switch to 2 attacking midfielders.

Evans
Daniels Clarke Monthe
Bennett & Allen as wing backs
Comley as defensive midfielder
Earing & Hutchinson as the forward midfielders
Johnson & Knowles

So 4 changes from Saturday.

3 Likes

Spot on ā€¦ knowles needs a go up top instead of being played here there and everywhere. Players played out of position can soon lose there rythem and confidence if not played in a spot the are accustomed to.

Pretty much what id expect to be honest.

Will be interesting to see how many changes he makes.

1 Like

In our season so far this is the most important game that we need to win hope
the manager agrees with me and puts out hi a best eleven.

1 Like

I donā€™t fancy us in this, but I hope to be proved wrong.

1-3 in front of a very small crowd.

UTS

Last game I can physically attend until mid October so hoping for a good performance.
I will be surprised if they donā€™t turn us over though.
1-2 in front of 3312

Ours is the only game that kicks off at 7pm. There are two matches scheduled to start at 7.30pm (Sheffield Wednesday vs. Rochdale and Shrewsbury Town vs. Burnley), and the other 18 ties start at 7.45pm.

The four games tomorrow night are all 7.45pm

Reasons? Havenā€™t a clue !!

1 Like

Isnā€™t he a bit old?..:smile:

Anyone know if the railway clubs open tonight

I will find out for you mate. If I had to take a guess Iā€™d say no because of the early kick off time.

1 Like

No mate. Not open tonight.

2 Likes

I assume this might be to, in theory, help ticket sales with kids being off school, and might allow a few more Charlton fans to bring theirs, although 45 mins isnā€™t too much of a difference when youā€™re travelling that far.

1 Like

And it allows people working from home on the evening shift to go as well :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™d guess this, worth a try with it being school holidays would be better for families knowing if the game finishes in 90 minutes theyā€™re away before 9. Might not suit everyone but for a fairly low key cup game it will give them an idea on any value in future midweek games kicking off earlier particularly in school holidays.

7pm is a new one to me, you get the odd half 7 kick off but donā€™t see much of difference really in terms of drawing support to 7.45pms.

Have the club not given a reason for moving it forward, there were plenty of them in lockdown season but you had the flexibility then with no fans in the ground.

Anyway I think Charlton put out a reasonable side in last round so donā€™t think theyā€™ll be putting out the youth team, a frustrating 1-2 defeat and Charlton to draw Wolves in the next round.

I assume we canā€™t watch online.

We canā€™t although the logic why not defeats me. Itā€™s the same with the FA Cup. There is a camera there.