L 1-0 vs Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 17th July, 1pm

You don’t really think a well run professional football club would squander the opportunity of relieving the cash wall of the supporters, who for one reason or another cannot physically attend the game, and would be quite happily pay for the privilege of seeing “the new team” shape up to against Premiership opposition

Then I realised something

I’ve had a nightmare with sorting my tickets for this. Done my ticket online, can’t sort out my 9 year old lads on there. Haven’t received my e-ticket by email yet and the resend on the club site doesnt send the actual ticket. Can’t get through to the ticket office as get cut off after holding for 15 minutes 4 times now. Not sure what to do apart from just turn up tomorrow.

It’s the only game that has COVID safety measures in effect. Not sure just turning up is the best plan.

I had the same - the junior tickets don’t show up. Had to sort it on the phone

Have you previously linked your kids’ accounts to you own (both Manage and Assign rights)?

My account has both Assign and Manage rights to my dad’s account. When I logged into that I could see (and manipulate) both notifications.

My dad’s account has only Assign rights to my account not Manage. Could only see his notification not mine when I logged into that.

If you can’t do it yourself (by logging into each one in turn to add the right accesses to all the accounts you have linked in your network) you’ll need to ring the ticket office and ask them to do it for you. Think they will be a tad busy tomorrow morning!

Andy - I’ve done that now - hopefully will work next time!

1 Like

Don’t know if this is old news, my apologies if people are already aware, but the bridge work planned for junction 10 this weekend has again been cancelled.
Seems the crane that was to be used is not available.
The club have mentioned this on their guide to returning to Bescot tomorrow but it has also been tweeted by Highways England.

Is the match being shown on ifollow / youtube?
I note we can watch it for £14.99 via Palace TV.

As I live in Northern Ireland, I can’t get to the game.

In fairness to the club it looks like they’ve sent these through and emailed me back at 8pm tonight to check I’ve got them. So they must be working hard!

2 Likes

You pay £15 to watch this you’re mad :joy:

3 Likes

As I don’t recall anything about showing any covid test result you don’t need to then ?

1 Like

Correct m

Weathers to nice so I’ll be spending it in the garden , hope those that go enjoy themselves :+1:t2:

1 Like

We need a designated person to keep us up to date on team news and maybe a half time report I personally think @RobHarv3y did such a good job when he went to see badgeman that he could be the man :wink:

A sense of perspective will be useful today. Palace are a premier league team, even their second string should be decent (we played their reserves in a league cup match a few years ago and they were several classes above us). It’s our first pre-season friendly with largely a whole new team. We’re likely to be well beaten.

I’m fully expecting the sky to be falling elsewhere, but hopefully people here can see today for what it is - a useful run-out, nothing more nothing less.

18 months since my last game, can’t wait!

7 Likes

I’m more interested in the style of play that Matt would have already tried to stamp on us as a team.It would be nice if we played some attractive attacking football but also be big and ugly enough to grind a result out.The signing of plenty of over 6ft players suggests we will be a big strong outfit which is undoubtedly what Matt has seen is needed to succeed in this horrid league.Today as you say isn’t a game for attractive attacking football I’d say it’s more about match fitness getting minutes under belts and seeing how we cope without the ball for large periods of time.

First customer in the new Mick Kearns Hub. :grinning:

The barmaid hasn’t been logged into the till yet so still waiting to be served after nearly 15 minutes. :weary:

One of the stewards said they are only expecting 1800.

4 Likes

Looks like 5 at the back. All my nightmares coming true lol

No Wilkinson or Labadie, maybe they’re the two that tested positive?

1 Like

Looks like a bit of a Gareth Southgate set up from the line up !