L 2-1 vs Accrington Stanley (A) - League Two - Sat 23rd Dec, 3pm

Take that to ladbrokes.

Tickets for Accrington now OFF sale. I am assured there will be a limited number of tickets available to purchase at the Wham Stadium by cash/card.

Are they? The club said they were on sale until 9am tomorrow, and they are still available on our eTicketing site. At the last update on Tuesday, weā€™d sold less than 300 from an allocation of over 1000.

1 Like

According to X, formerly twitter they were off sale at 9am this morning and the cut off for collection has now passed but rest assured as I said a limited number of tickets will be available via a cash payment facility at the Wham! Stadium

Friday at 9am, not Thursday.

https://x.com/WFCOfficial/status/1737442735492378907?s=20

1 Like

:person_facepalming:

Sorry, the Yuletide preiod and Iā€™ve completely lost track of the days. Ignore this senile old buffoon.

6 Likes

Well, we do try to. :joy:

7 Likes

Looks like the corks have been popping a bit early at Crod Towers.

1 Like

Iā€™m taking a point here all day long.

Still not convinced by recent performances.

Hoping we go all out on boxing day against that smelly lot from crewe.

I reckon his undercrofts a right old mess.

2 Likes

Perhaps we could have a lifesize cardboard model of him in the stands to gee them on a bit.

1 Like

Itā€™s fish & chips tonight croddy, I SAY,ITS FISH AND CHIPS TONIGHT CRODDY :smile:

1 Like

Is that where Dirty Barry lives ?

1 Like

U need a second mortgage 4 fish and chips these days

1 Like

Win would great and we should be capable of that after recent results. If not I would take a point to keep the unbeaten run going .
A defeat would be poor though if we want to keep consistency and confidence up going into 2 tough home games which really will define our league season imo.

From previous visits, I expect Accringtonā€™s pitch to be on a par with Barrowā€™s (and Alfretonā€™s) and thus reduce it to a lump it and run sort of game rather than there be any proper football. The question is, have we the players to battle it out in these sort of games whete itā€™s brawn over skill? :thinking:

So not a game for Hutch to be at his best, and probably not Tierney either (if heā€™s fit again yet). Will suit Matt more than DJ if MS goes for a second forward alongside Draper.

1 Like

Maybe go for a small plaice .

2 Likes

Watching Accringtonā€™s highlights from the last few games, I do struggle to pick up an obvious style or tactic. I think their approach is to choose a side to match the opposition and this is sort of reflected in their recent results 1-0, 3-4, 0-0, 1-0, 3-3.

I did notice Tyrese Shade and Remeao Hutton had some joy against them for Swindon playing as wing backs and putting in crosses so based on this id stick with our 3-3-3-1 formation that gave us wins v Notts and Tranmere

Smith

Okagbue
DD
Priestly

Knowles
Comley
Gordon

Mcentee
Hutch
Stirk

Draper

Tough game to call. Probably be a 1-1.

No disrespect Andy, 3-3-3-1 is a strange formation, I like the personnel you chose but not the formation.
I prefer 3-5-2. You have to be aggressive away from home if you want to get points from it, IMHO, we donā€™t do that often enough. Thereā€™s not enough shots on goal (target) and most of those shots look like it came from a 5-year-oldā€¦WEEEEEAK! Not good enough from a professional footballer! If youā€™re going to shoot on target hit the ball with everything youā€™ve got. Obviously one has to have accuracy and control, that should have been taught before they turned professional.
We certainly have the players who can strike a ball, I wish they would do it more often.

1 Like

3-3-3-1 is a fascinating formation. It allows for vertical and horizontal interchanges and means one player is relatively close to the ball nowhere where the ball is on the pitch.

I actually donā€™t think itā€™s entirely sufficient to use as a shorthand to describe how we set up since Knowles and Gordon have both appeared as ā€˜full backā€™ and ā€˜wingerā€™ in the same game.

Iā€™m actually amazed thereā€™s not more discussion around how weā€™ve set up in the last two games. Perhaps a few references towards Marcelo Bielsa and his Leeds team. Bit disappointing thereā€™s not been more input to be honest.

Agree 3-5-2 is an option as well as that allows for wing backs. I donā€™t who youā€™d have up front though. If DJ, you get into the debate about if he works hard enough.