L 2-1 vs Bristol Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 25th Sept, 3pm

Hope when some of our injured players return it doesn’t come to this but I am looking out for the two basket case clubs to take the worry away.

1 Like

I mentioned a “boost” was my word when players do come back to full fitness,it’s certainly going to help and was always the gamble taken by the nature of our recruitment drive in the summer that if we did get injuries to our main 11 it was always going to cause problems especially with the unbalanced squad we have.Getting players back as soon as possible will help us climb away from relegation not sure it will make us a contender in this league but I’d take kicking off next season in league two right now if you offered it me.

2 Likes

Me too. And that would mean another two windows. Fullerton and Taylor will (or at least should) have a regret or two from the summer. Which in turn should become wisdom that makes us better next time. There’s something existentially wrong at the club. Players and even the last full time manager can’t wait to leave. I sincerely hope Fullerton and Taylor earn the time to lay down something positive.

2 Likes

Speaking of which Josh Gordon scored a cracker for Barrow, says something when the likes of him would rather join Barrow! Even if they do train in Manchester.

No excuses we got exactly what we deserved nothing.
No excuses about position in league again exactly where we deserve.
This team is as bad if not worse than last season apart from Rushworth every player a downgrade.
On to Exeter and another long miserable journey back on the coach

The official coaches have been cancelled I think, there is a posting on another thread called change change change

Sunday league

They were right on the edge of turning, after their players had bungled that corner routine.

I agree that surely Taylor should have tried to restructure the team so it still had a shape that offered us the possibility of retaining possession rather than all-out defence which gave them the opportunity to run at us and into the box.

2 Likes

Do you think it’s because when the managers we’ve had have asked for extra help with additions to the playing staff or have identified what’s needed the powers that be have said not a chance mate let’s be honest we’ve always penny pinched to a certain extent.

1 Like

Hope he’s enjoyed his Sunday dinner by now then with a side helping of gifting goals from set pieces and letting his side have far too much of the ball away from home I did say last week that they would go back down south happy

1 Like

Now that I’ve had 24 hours to calm down, let me just say I don’t think for a moment we’re going down.
We’ve lost two in a row and some fans are in panic mode, a little premature with 37 games to go.
Am I happy with where we currently are, absolutely not, I guarantee nobody at the club is thrilled either.
I’m concerned about a couple of things. Firstly, our fitness levels, why are young lads huffing and puffing after an hour of play? Secondly, are the recent injuries a direct reflection of the lack of fitness in the squad? I still have a hard time believing a Matt Taylor side not being fit, he prided himself as a player who would never be out worked.
I think with the new management team we knew there would be some hiccups along the way, this losing streak is one of them.
I’m not making excuses for injuries, we’re really missing key players who are vital to our success in Wilkinson and Holden. I’m nor sure we will see Rory play again, I hope I’m wrong but he’s been in the treatment room longer than on the pitch.
Like all of us, I was really frustrated with yesterday’s game, it was so winnable. Phillips chance in the second half was easier than the goal he scored, Miller should’ve buried his opportunity to put the game beyond retrieval at 3-0. Rovers were not going to recover from that.
No, our heads dropped (again) after their equalizer and we invited them on to score the winner.
It’s time too MT to drop Ward and Taylor and give Mills and Mayo an opportunity to showcase themselves.
Changes definitely need to be made.

4 Likes

Agree regarding Ward. He’s the biggest disappointment amongst many so far.

7 Likes

Where he Osadebe was pointing to on top his foot, I said to my son that he had broken a metatarsal. I had a clear view of him from where I was sitting. I had a stress fracture on mine and could identify to where he was pointing. He also was banging the floor with his first in apparent pain. I can’t imagine he would go that far with the play acting.

1 Like

Agree - but a broken metatarsal would be what, 4-5 weeks out?

Let’s see if he’s back next week…

I just hope Osadebe comes back the same player that he was before picking up the injury……

We will indeed.

No problem there he’ll still be cack​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Both goals were Ash Taylors man. The guy needs to start performing.

WiltsherSaddler has already posted a screen shot of the marking for the second goal, but this one shows just how bad and amateurish the marking really was.

How can you leave an opposition player completely unmarked in the centre of the 6 yard box. What the hell do we coach our defence in training???

1 Like