L 2-1 vs Doncaster Rovers (A) - League Two - Tue 9th April, 7:45pm

Yeah that’s it, I think Jimmy Kelly scored with a lob if I remember right.

1 Like

I fancy us for some reason, no logic behind it. Would be the third time we do the double over a team in as many games so just for that alone. 2-1 Saddlers.

Remember winning there 3-0 in 2017/18 and a vocal number of fans were chanting Whitney out all game regardless, a bit of a low point in following us to honest.

Is it 6 wins in a row for them? I’m hoping the law of averages means we get at least a point.

1 Like

I vaguely remember an end of season away match at their old Belle Vue ground. Probably early 90’s.
We won, can’t remember the score, but I remember a (male) inebriated Walsall fan wearing a wedding dress getting arrested…

1 Like

Yeah that was the one I was talking about above. The season we got in the playoffs under Hibbitt. We went into those playoffs in great form… :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Absolutely massive game for both team this now.

A draw or loss would be damaging for us but fatel for them.

Having said that if you offered me a draw right now, I’d probably take it and put my faith in getting enough points from the remaining games.

A win for us would put us in a really good place to challenge and pile the pressure on Crawley, Cre and Barrow.

Yes, you are right.
That play off game at Gresty Road was a few days after my youngest son was born, the (now ex) wife had only come out of hospital the day before.
Still can’t work out how I got the okay to go to the game!

2 Likes

Would be a great point to get there , but probably one we do need

Donny fans seem to think we have already lost and they are going to win every game until the end of the season, well according to some of them anyway.
Oh how I want the team to take that grin off there faces.

2 Likes

Always been somewhere I’ve been to a lot over the years. Am really looking forward to it, Think we need at least a point from this - prospects can change so quickly at this stage of the season

1 Like

That’s how I felt when we had our run but I have the sense to know it will end at some point because it always does and often at a game where you are very confident of winning.

I have gone for the draw. 2-2. I think that will be good for us.

This probably contributed to why …

Only kidding Northern :wink:

We went on a good run that came to an end, and so will theirs.
Can’t see them winning every game, so why can’t it be us spoiling their party?

1 Like

That bought back memories .

The cage at donney , if I remember rightly the cage was about a 1/3 of the whole end , felt like it was just behind the goal !!!
1,500 felt like a lot more !!
Awful view also Newport away same season I think in the tin shed was a terrible view , 4-2 win tho :grinning:

1 Like

They are on absolute fire
We have grinder out the last couple of results and have undoubtably had a lot of luck go our way
I can’t see is getting a result here though a draw would be amazing

Our record against these is very good and they will be more worried than us that’s for sure.No draw in the last 14 games against each other. Nothing but a win here, come on me babies!!!

2 Likes

We’ve definitely ridden our luck somewhat in the last 2 games but hey, we’re still in it. A draw would be a good result here ( given Doncaster’s recent form ) but unless we cut the mistakes out then our luck might run out on this one.
Logic suggests a Donny win but I’m hoping we can snatch a point which would be a very acceptable result.

Decided to go with a lift from my son. Just booked 2 tickets for collection at Doncaster Academy Reception (adjacent to the away turnstiles). Hope for a good performance and at least a point UTS. Where is the best place to park?- need to be near the ground.

Does anyone know how Doncaster play? Are they big and physical or tricky and skilful?

They seemed a very patient passing possession based side when we played them a few weeks ago

1 Like