L 2-1 vs Mansfield Town (A) - League Two - Sat 28th Oct, 3pm

Off to Mansfield Town we go this weekend in search of three points to bring home to add to our league standing.

IMG_4388

The Stags are still managed by Nigel Clough, friend of a certain Danny Johnson, and he has been at the helm for a week or so short of three years at the time this game is played. He has always managed to keep his role at Field Mill even though every season there seems to be a point when everyone feels he is going to be sacked…but then isn’t.

This time round, Clough has made his side tough to beat. They are sitting 4th in League Two, six points behind first-placed Stockport County, and in the league campaign thus far, they haven’t tasted a single defeat, with SIX WINS and EIGHT DRAWS. If they can turn a few of these draws to wins over the remainder of the season, they could well finally be promoted.

Their recent fixtures have given them the following results:

They will fancy their chances of extending their unbeaten run this weekend.

Onto The Saddlers now and once again we managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory on Tuesday evening by conceding yet another injury time equaliser!

Heading into this fixture, Oisin McEntee and Freddie Draper are injury doubts, whilst Harry Williams also went off with an injury in mid-week. If that remains the case we could see Taylor Allen at CB alongside Donervon Daniels. Wise for 90 minutes? On first thoughts for me, no.

One player who will definitely be chomping at the bit to play, score and inflict a heavy defeat on Mansfield is Danny Iohnson, who definitely does hate them.

He made a goalscoring appearance from the bench on Tuesday and will certainly be in contention to start, even more so if Draper is confirmed as being out injured.

How many of you are going?
What team are we going to see start?

Can we win?!

This is the kind of game we will be predicted to get hammered, however it’s surely written in the stars for a 1-0 Saddlers win, DJ getting the goal!

Mansfield Town vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Mansfield Town Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

2 Likes

Take your point on Taylor Allen but with the injuries we have who else is there? Comley perhaps but I think we will need him in midfield.Anyway 1-0 to us with DJ netting in my prediction…just like yours!!

As they are undefeated we will win it, I predict 1-0 with the goal from DJ, who will celebrate by tying his shoelace too tightly and he will limp off a bit later with restricted blood flow, but we will hold on to our lead.

4 Likes

This is all set up a La Bradford a few weeks back.

A nice win, and then followed by drab performances against Harrogate and Doncaster.

Sorry can’t share others optimism, only see a spanking, it’s Walsall the team that likes to give.

Teams we should beat hammer us and teams that should beat us don’t.
My heart says Walsall my head says Mansfield to win because of our ever growing injury list.

I even wonder if we will be able to put out 11 + all the subs.

We need at least one of McEntee, Farquharson or Williams fit.

We absolutely do, cannot start Mansfield with the back 4 that we finished the Crawley game with.

Mat said last week Farquharson was back in training, hopefully he’s back for Saturday.

When he was commentating, he said he would be back for Newport but he was not even on the bench Tuesday night.

3 Likes

Don’t forget that we have Sheppey in between.

That’s a given. Well, it should be. I don’t want to even to entertain the thought of not winning that one :joy:

Going to this one hopefully a win for us

Surprised that we’ve only sold 500 tickets for this one.
Maybe everyone is expecting the worst or are there many like me that intend to buy on the day?

2 Likes

Make no mistake about it tis is an incredibly tough fixture and one in which I would snap your hand off for a point. The One Call Stadium is always a difficult place to go and never more so than this season where nobody has yet managed to topple the Stags. We will have to be at or very close to our best if we have an designs on getting anything from this game.

Fortunately looks like we will be roared on by another bumper away gate with over 500 already sold. Sure there will be plenty of renditions of the DJ song which for me is the best song in many a year.

1 Like

Hopefully we can buck the trend.

2 Likes

If only we weren’t stuck in a rut.

2 Likes

I’m attending this one, so dismal defeat.

Not seen us play anything other than average to abysmal away from home since Stockport in Jan.

Hopefully we’ll play some good football, don’t want to see them hoof it

1 Like

Listening to George Bennett’s video from the E&S, Williams and Draper to be assessed tomorrow. Farquharson and McEntee won’t feature.

Could be Allen at CB against Aden Flint :worried: