L 2-1 vs Morecambe (A) - League 2, Sat 5th August, 3:00 pm

I’ll get this ball rolling …

Just spoke to the ticket office, tickets for Morecambe away expected end of this week

1 Like

First game of a new season and away at the seaside in August. Apart from it not being the bank holiday weekend, pretty much a dream fixture.

Anyone intending to make a weekend of it?

Yep, just booked Fri-Sun for me and missus

1 Like

I’ve got a hotel on the front Thursday to Sunday for me and her.

1 Like

Anybody know what the away end holds ???

Away fans are mostly housed in the beyondradio terraced stand at one end of the ground, where just under 1,400 supporters can be accommodated. In addition, the Club also makes around 300 seats available in the Peter McGuigan Stand, which is shared with home fans.

I think Walsall have only played there with fans present once before and from memory we were in the side stand.

I think we will take about 1100.

1 Like

According to their OS:

Morecambe Football Club – The Mazuma Stadium - is
situated on Christie Way, Morecambe, LA4 4TB. Subject to
demand, we have two stands available to away supporters,
Beyond Radio A & B and Dennison Trailers Terrace.
Beyond Radio A and B are both seated areas which can be
accessed via turnstiles 3 & 4 which are situated at the front
of the main building.

The Dennison Trailers Terrace is a covered standing
terrace, which can be accessed via turnstiles 5-8. These
turnstiles are located to the right as you approach on
Christie Way, following the main building round.

The Mazuma Stadium’s official capacity is 6241 with 1800
away. This is split 1200 standing and 600 seated.

2 Likes

Yes hotel booked this morning

1 Like

I am torn?
Wanted to get away to canaries or somewhere in Spain, as wife has a forced week off, but airfares are ridiculous, and air traffic are on strike everywhere
Was then thinking of going to London to take in a couple of shows, but hotel prices are silly money, and so are parking charges
So still undecided ?

2 Likes

Looking at the state Morecambe are in, we should win this :grin:

1 Like

Was going to stay in Lancaster, but the Travelodge right in the centre weve stayed in before has shut down, so just planning on going on the day now. Was hoping to do Wrexham with an overnight stay with my cousin in Flint, but he died a couple of weeks ago. So not a great start to the overnight stay plans!!

There is a Travelodge in Morecambe itself Dave - right next to the train station (which is around a 23 minute walk to the ground according to their OS).

Cheers Andy, but likely going on my own so just going on day, always a dangerous move, probably end up in Glasgow again at some point.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there are any roadworks on the M6? the worst stretch of motorway in Britain :unamused:

1 Like

I’d say yes, or a crash. But only cus I can’t remember going that way when there were non, ever. :innocent:

1 Like

Yep
have missed a few first half’s over the years, no matter how much extra time you give yourself, i recon starting out on Thursday night should do it :joy:

3 Likes

Definitely a four figure away audience, Morecambe won’t know what’s hit it. Already a dozen of our lot confirmed as going.

1 Like

I see there’s a Led Zeppelin tribute band on at Morecambe’s Alhambra theatre on the Friday night. Led Into Zeppelin - anybody able to recommend?

1 Like