SUBS:
Rose
Menayese
Leak
Kiernan
Perry
Osadebe/Holden

1 Like

Looks like we may have to wrap him in cotton wool for most the season though any slight incident and he’ll be pulled off.

I’d agree other than perry over kinsella :wink:
However tempting it is we must not rush Holden back

I agree. He’s had the whole of pre season and he’s still got problems so rushing him back he could easily be out next time till January. Just leave him to train and get back strong mentally and physically then make a massive pact when he’s ready. I’m sure Matt and the team will, I doubt he’ll play Saturday

My first corporal in training had three toes missing from a blast and got mentioned in dispatches for casevacing his mate out of an ambush despite this unfortunate turn of events happening just seconds before.

Glass footballers are pathetic.

Rugby players don’t have shoulders left for Christ sake.

2 Likes

I would loff if Holden came back and he was useless :joy: there are so many fans pinning their hopes on him like he is the new messiah :joy: :wink:

1 Like

That’s the mistake we made last season mate I hope that’s not the case again

1 Like

You’re starting to sound like Rodney Marsh!!:man_facepalming::joy:

1 Like

Happy ending then :joy: :wink:

3 Likes

Change his name to Holdin’

That’s how he got injured. Maybe just have him moving a few cones and handing out the bibs :grinning:

3 Likes

Or get him walking round the pitch on match days selling programmes to build up his match fitness.

I’m expecting a 4 or 5 goal winning margin. No problem.
Similar next Tuesday, maybe even bigger.

3 Likes

Love it if you were right, but being realistic we will struggle again 0-0 or 0-1. Won’t always be this way though, look at Bolton…they were below us last season (if that was possible) but went on to storm to promotion…would love that to happen, but Bolton had money to spend…Oh hold on a minute…

I have a bad feeling about this game ( but I’m rarely right!).
Could be chasing the game, equalise, then lose it late on.
Hope that prediction is rubbish, but can see them nicking it.
I’ve become a glass half empty as I’ve got older, as far as the saddlers are concerned!

2 Likes

We can celebrate our first goal, or two tomorrow. Each game we’ve played so far has been an improvement on the previous one.
If we can get 30 minutes from Holden in the second half, it will be a real boost to the team.
I concur with the side ZahirKhan786 selected.

4-2-3-1
GK: Rushworth
RB: Mills
CB: Monthe
CB: Taylor
LB: Ward
CDM: Kinsella
CDM: Labadie (c)
RW: Wilkinson
CAM: Earing
LW: Shade
CF: Phillips

Add a striker to that squad and it really is strong!

Could be a brace from our mystery striker (OG)

Think he maybe Chinese with a name like that

1 Like
1 Like

Dutton likely wouldn’t have won a game last season without Holden, he came back when the team were in a desperate state and suddenly beat two top 7 teams in Tranmere and Forest Green.

Team is just mentally on a different level with him on the pitch so hopefully he manages 20 minutes.

3 Likes