L 3-1 vs Forest Green Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 14th Aug, 3pm

Holden is one of the best players in this division, that’s how important he is if we get him fit.

6 Likes

Yes. In terms of the predictions for the season, there is a material with and without Rory Holden delta.

If he plays 30 games, we might just achieve something . If he plays less than ten then lower mid table.

Holden imo is the best cam in the league simple as.
I’ve not seen us play anyone in the league with a player as good as him in his role. There’s a reason we are a significantly better team when he Plays

For me this squad should be challenging , there’s some genuine good players in it. Look at our midfield, we have talent such as Perry not getting a sniff.

Add Holden and a striker along to Shade , Wilkinson and Philips and for me there isn’t a better forward line In the division.

Finish below mid table and it’s been a huge failure.

Perry not playing any part yet is a strange one give he was the one and only bright spark in that dreadful season last year. Hopefully he gets his chance soon and seizes it with both hands and continues to develop his obvious talent. Maybe MT is struggling to fit him into the way he wants to play… :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m predicting a really enjoyable game and a few goals. Super Saddlers to edge it - just.

Hopefully a decent crowd. Loud and proud.

Matt Taylor’s Barmy Army!

1 Like

If we are to get a decent crowd it’s likely to be down to us don’t expect many away fans did you see their attendance last Saturday couldn’t even hit 2000 somewhere around 1800+ embarrassing really, Bristol City also had far more fans there than FG fans in Tuesday evening

Salford and forest Green support is beyond pathetic

2 Likes

We have no right to be anywhere but in this division, but deep down its fixtures like this that give it that “meh” feel all too often.

2 Likes

No chance, the marketing of this game has been absolutely woeful.

18 months away and there’s nothing , no campaign nothing to get the stadium rocking.

1 Like

I’d hate the attendance to be below 4,000 for the first proper game but more I think of it with our confirmed 2600 season ticket holders Forest green 200 fans it could well be below 4,000 it will be close I think.

I can’t see it @Otiswfc i know countless people going who haven’t for gone years and can see that being a theme amongst supporters. Well over 5 thousand for me. FGR will surprise people as well. Wouldn’t shock me if they brought 4/500.

Looking at the stadium plan for Saturday, around 3,800 sold in home ends by my reckoning, with ‘pay on the day’ still to go. I think most of the extra season ticket holders are in the lower tier because it looks far fuller than in previous seasons, with the main stand/family stand average or below average.

Yes lower is pretty full. My mom was after tickets last night and most of the lower stand was full

What’s good about this e-ticketeting this is you don’t have to guess at moment we’d need to shift a lot of tickets to get over 5k I’m not saying we won’t but at the minute it’s well below 5k the Banks’s stand is more or less empty about 150 tickets sold

The lower tier holds 1800 I reckon there’s 1300 sold in there

Anyway, back to the game.

2 nil Saddlers for me

Shade and Wilkinson on the scoresheet.

2-0 Walsall win in front of 4412. Wilkinson with both.

Being a bit sad I counted around 1,550 sold in the lower tier.

I struggled to get tickets for Middle 3 and 4 when I went on to book.