L 3-1 vs Stevenage (A) - League Two - Sat 8th Jan, 3pm

Has Carlisle vibes this.

Paul Tisdale seems to have lost his way in recent times but previously been a very good manager at tihs level.

No idea what state Ed Upson and Bostwick are in these days but again not so long ago good midfielders at higher level.

1-1 to continue the beautiful averageness.

3 Likes

I actually quite like the ground, decent away end and about 10 mins walk from the train station. Been to many worse and it sort of reminds me of a more scaled up Tamworth ground (although the place is probably worse which says something!).

Just train it up from Kings cross really (can leave at 2ish and still comfortably make kick off if the trains aren’t messed up and you get express service).

Obligatory Spoons right by the station/bus area but if you venture left from walking down the ramp there is old town five minutes walk and that has some o.k pubs IIRC.

1 Like

Gone for a stevenage win. Can see this being another Carlisle I’m afraid… team is just so inconsistent… infact the only thing they are consistent at is being inconsistent :roll_eyes:. Hope I’m wrong tho 2-0

1 Like

I agree about the ground. Been there a couple of times. They’ve built a new stand opposite the away end since we were last there.

No obstructed views and a terrace running the length of the side makes it modern and traditional all at once.

1 Like

He’s not the most consistent of players, he’s had a lot of Upson downs in his career.

I’ll get me coat, sorry.

2 Likes

It’s not so much the ground itself, it’s getting to it - and the town it’s located in.

Not that it’s going to be an issue to me now anyway - looks like I’ve come down with Covid so will have to self-isolate and not go. :frowning:

Ah well, back to the joys of iFollow over a VPN …

1 Like

As implied in @RobHarv3y ’s excellent introduction, I expect Walsall to build on recent improvements.

I back Miller to get back on the goal trail (from a dubious penalty award) and a late Wilkinson goal before the customary goal conceded from a defensive howler late on.

A valuable 3 points. Injuries permitting, I’d be surprised if many would disagree with the following starting eleven:

Rushworth

White
Taylor
Menayese
Ward

Labadie (c)
Kinsella

Wilkinson
Earing
Khan

Miller

That looks a solid team, although we are clearly going to miss Monthe.

I’m going for a 3-1 Walsall win!

Rusworth
Mills leak Mayo ward
Kinsella labadie
Wilko earing khan
Miller

White and Taylor were an embarrassment last game and deserve to be dropped. Both were shambolic and didn’t even look bothered. Give leak and mills a go.
Gotta go with the attack that finished the last game, they seemed exciting

Take it easy and best wishes.

1 Like

Does anyone know when khan’s contract is up

Anyone heard about Holden, is he close to coming back into the fray. Cannot make game due to covid isolation.

I shouldn’t get too concerned about the man of glass, he will probably get a groin strain getting out of his car, Lord Lucan has been seen more than him.

1 Like

I’ve had a cheeky double on Holden scoring tomorrow and Shergar winning the 3:45 at Kempton Park.

Probably more chance than @WiltshireSaddler’s 4-2 forecast :blush:

1 Like

There is one flaw in that bet…there is no racing at Kempton tomorrow :wink:

2 Likes

It’s about time we started to stamp our authority on teams we should be winning against.
I hope Miller gets back on the scoresheet tomorrow, I think Earing will bag one too.
2-0 Saddlers.

Thank you.

I’m glad we got knocked out the cup now - better I’m missing a jaunt to Stevenage than a full house cup game against Man City. Every cloud and all that.

1 Like

Bet yowd have kept it quiet and gone. I would :joy:

4 Likes

I dunno, but I feel uneasy before this game. Maybe because it looks like a must win game, maybe because some momentum is building and previously such moments were rather painful. So, play it safe, injury free and reason to be happy after the final whistle.

1 Like

What a miserable day ,safe journey to all those going today , Bring home the three points :+1::muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Got to be honest - I wouldn’t mind if the weather turns much worse and the game gets pulled because of a waterlogged pitch like last season so that I won’t miss it (will be my first absence of this season).